amenu is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit

very elementary question

I just started to learn Access today so am a complete beginner. I have created a table called "table1" with a number of records. I have created a form also called "table1" which shows the data in the other table1. My expectation is that if I make a change in the data in the form, it would automatically show up in the other table. But this is not happening. For example, if I check a check box in form, the corresponding check box in the original table is not checked. I am sure there must be a very simple way to synchronize the tables but I can't see how. Any help would be appreciated. -- Arthur

At start, rename your table and form, unless you want to confuse Access to which you are referring to in queries or formulas. P.e. tblTest and frmTest.

How did you link the table to form?. When you use a wizard to create a form, the first thing you have to determine, is the table the form is based on. When you create a form without wizard, you have to set form's RecordSource property to your table (or to query based on this table).

amenu is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Quote Originally Posted by ArviLaanemets View Post
    At start, rename your table and form, unless you want to confuse Access to which you are referring to in queries or formulas. P.e. tblTest and frmTest.

How did you link the table to form?. When you use a wizard to create a form, the first thing you have to determine, is the table the form is based on. When you create a form without wizard, you have to set form's RecordSource property to your table (or to query based on this table).
    I had not used the Form Wizard to create the form. So I just deleted the form I had created, then used the Wizard and gave it a different name and now everything seems to be working as it should. Thank you for your advice. Much appreciated! -- Arthur

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.