SGrohola is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 10 Access 2013 64bit

Question Problem with query, multiple tables and combo boxes

I have a database that has multiple tables, and combo boxes. I have created a form, off of a query, and the query has multiple tables to pull data from. If I do just one table in a query and run the query, my combo boxes work fine. But, when I add another table to the query and just a few fields, my combo boxes stop. They will drop-down, but will not let me select any of the choices.

It's doing this whether I have a value list or if I have the combo-box linked to another table.

I do not know why this isn't working. And I don't want to have to put everything into one table to get it to work if I don't have to.

Bulzie is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    See if you have a field bound to the comb box(is the Control Source blank or no)?

The 2 tables that have combo boxes are all bound. The other 2 tables have no combo boxes in them. The 2 tables that have no combo boxes, have a one-to-many relationship with the main (parent) table. The other table that does have a few combo boxes, is a one-to-one relationship with the main (parent) table. I could have swore this was working before I started creating the form.

If I go into each table, the combo boxes let me pick any of the selections. It's when I get to the query, that I'm having problems.

Bulzie is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    Go into Design of the Form(forget the tables for now), then click on that combo box field in the form design. Go to the control source in properties and is it blank?

Nope.... none of the combo boxes are blank. They all state the field that they are bound to. I can see every drop-down list, it just won't let me select any of them. Only at the table level.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Your query is not updatable.

One table > One form.

Use form/subform arrangement.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.