kshamloo is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2013 64bit

Method .LIST is not showing up in my Intellisense drop down box in VBA editior

Help please, can someone tell me why the Method .LIST is not showing up in my Intellisense drop down, I have checked all my required reference libraries.
    what am I missing?

I do see in my excel 2013 VBA, but in the access VBA
    thanks in advance

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    Nitpicking perhaps, but methinks it would be a property, not a method. However, I'm curious as to what it applies to since in version 2007 there is no such property for an Access object AFAIK. Maybe I should ask Santa for an update? By any chance you mean .ListIndex?
    I'm a little confused by "I do see in my excel 2013 VBA, but in the access VBA" though.
    Maybe you recognize it as an Excel property and wonder why you don't see it in Access.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

kshamloo is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2013 64bit

.list missing from drop down box

Quote Originally Posted by Micron View Post
    Nitpicking perhaps, but methinks it would be a property, not a method. However, I'm curious as to what it applies to since in version 2007 there is no such property for an Access object AFAIK. Maybe I should ask Santa for an update? By any chance you mean .ListIndex?
    I'm a little confused by "I do see in my excel 2013 VBA, but in the access VBA" though.
    Maybe you recognize it as an Excel property and wonder why you don't see it in Access.
    Thanks for a quick response;
    I do VBA coding both in Excel 2013 and Access 2013, I have a listbox called LBOX_Options, the following code works perfectly in Excel VBA, and not in Access VBA.
    the Access compiler doesn't recognize the .LIST for my LBOX_OPTIONS.
    so when i click on dot in excel, I do see LIST in the drop down box but not in access.

with me.LBOX_OPTIONS
    .LIST = arrayList
    .visible=true
    end With

thanks again
    by the way, I do see listindex and listcount, but not .list by itself.

Missinglinq is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    Richmond (Virginia, not North Yorkshire!)
    Quote Originally Posted by kshamloo View Post

...the Access compiler doesn't recognize the .LIST...

...so when i click on dot in excel, I do see LIST in the drop down box but not in access...
    So what does that tell you???

Access is not Excel...and Access VBA is not Excel VBA!

This would appear to be Excel specific.

What, in plain language, are you trying to accomplish here, in Access? Perhaps we can help you.

Linq ;0)>
    The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    I did a bit of research and found that .List is an Excel vba property for a listbox on a Excel userform. A userform and an Access form are not the same thing - that much I know.
    As Missinglinq says, let us know what you're trying to accomplish because there could be a comparable property. Otherwise, to use Excel properties or functions in Access, you would have to have a reference to the Excel library and be explicit in their referencing. In your case, I'd see no sense in even trying because as noted, the listbox would have to reside on a userform, and trying to use one in Access would make no sense - unless you had an instance of Excel open and were trying to get a value from such a form when in Access. Even then, that sounds a bit far fetched.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.