jdubp is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2007

How to display data in Reports in Italian Month Names

I am in US and did an Access 2013 database that is a weekly schedule for next 20 years for a family property in Italy. (if you have ever dealt with an Italian family, you'd understand the need for such long term schedule). Windows 10 and Access 2013 were set to English as the default language when I created the Access database.

I would like to display the dates on Reports in Italian-- meaning dd-mmm-yyyy (in Italian is: gg-mmm-aaaa) - for example 21-Aug-2108 would display as 21-ago-2018.

In Excel it allows the date format to be changed and a country selected, so the month names are in that country's language.

I have Italian language pack installed both for Windows 10 and for MS Office 2013.

I have changed the default language for Windows 10 plus changed the region & time format (rebooted) -- and then in MS Office 2013, set the Language Preference as Italian plus even help screen in Italian.

Then with everything above set to Italian, I opened Access 2013, opened a Report in Design View and using Properties, changed to format of a data field to "gg- mmm-aaaa" (Italian version of dd-mmm-yyyy).... but Report still shows English Month names. (I rebooted and then went back into Access and all settings were still in Italian, so I tried it again and still got English Month Names)

I exported the main table to Excel, changed the date format to Italian gg-mmm-yyyy and it displays perfectly with Italian month names.... but when I import that xlxs into Access 2013 as a new table the dates are in English.

What am I doing wrong and how do I get the dates to display with Italian month names? (I know I can export the table to Excel and do it in Excel, but that is a long task)

Thanks,

JW

You have set Widosw's interface to italian, but your language settings are english. Go Control Panel > Clock, Language and Region > Change date, time or number format, and set date format to "italian". After that you don't need to format your report at all - the current format is displayed in italian equivalent at once.

P.S. There was no need to set Windows to italian at all.

jdubp is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ArviLaanemets View Post
    You have set Widosw's interface to italian, but your language settings are english. Go Control Panel > Clock, Language and Region > Change date, time or number format, and set date format to "italian". After that you don't need to format your report at all - the current format is displayed in italian equivalent at once.

P.S. There was no need to set Windows to italian at all.

Thanks, just had to figure out the steps in Windows 10 and it worked.

JWP

jdubp is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2007
    For anyone trying to do this-- here are step by step instructions for Windows 10 (no need to change anything in Office or Access)

SETTINGS
    TIME AND LANGUAGES
    on RH side "Related Settings"- click on ADDITIONAL DATE, TIME & REGIONAL SETTING
    Region
    CHANGE LOCATION (change to Italy- or country of your choice)
    CHANGE DATE, TIME OR NUMBER FORMATS-
    FORMAT- change to Italy
    DATE & TIME- change to the format desired (example dd-mm-yyy or dd-mmm-yyy)

exit and go into MS Access and all the dates will be in Italian (so "mmm" will show the 3 letters of the Italian month name.

Just remember to change the settings back to English and US when you are don.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.