RedWolf3x is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2003

Print from Print Preview not printing all objects

Thanks in advance for anyone that can help. I've never seen this issue before and I can't seem to find an existing answer. I've created a simple database with an entry form, a query to pull the data and a report based off the query to display the data. I have yet to create a button to preview the report, but I was doing some testing on the report itself. Here is the issue...

When I right click on the report and go to print preview, everything on the report looks fine, when I print from Print Preview however, there is a picture that doesn't show up and a number of the text boxes and label boxes that do not show up (basically anything that was filled in with a background color). I was working with the report with no success in getting the boxes to appear when I decided just to right click on the report and print report (No preview) and everything shows up just fine.

I want my people to be able to see the report before printing it. Has anyone run into this issue or have a possible solution?

Running Windows 10
    Printing to a HP LaserJet P4015
    Reinstalling the printer driver did nothing

(Just tried something)
    We have a printer loaded with letterhead so not used for normal printing,
    HP LaserJet 4300dtn prints just fine from preview and from no preview (everything shows up fine).

Bulzie is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    So use that printer : HP LaserJet 4300dtn

aytee111 is offline Competent At Times
    Windows 10 Access 2013 64bit
    Go back to Windows 7!! 10 has major issues working with Access, that is what I have found anyway.

As I'm working for a company, I can not simply revert back to Windows 7 nor can I use a printer that has been designated for letterhead, but thank you!

Bulzie is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    Was going to say could be issue with HP LaserJet P4015 but you said if you go right to print and not preview it prints ok? Is there another P4015 printer there that you can test the process to see if it does it again? Might tell you its something with Access sending it to that specific printer? Maybe create new report, add just 1 of the image boxes and see if it happens again. If not, maybe copy and paste all the objects from the report to new report and see if it happens. Sometimes objects get messed up and don't know why.

davegri is offline Excess Access
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Just a shot in the dark...
    In report design view,
    On the ribbon, Report Design Tools,
    Tab Arrange.
    Select a faulty textbox and click 'Bring to Front'.
    Save and check results.

Thank you for all the responses. I did attempt each of the resolutions with no success. I decided to break down and create 2 buttons, one to view, and one to print. It's not the most ideal of solutions, but it will serve it's purpose. I'll let you all know if I am able to resolve the issue in the future.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.