AndyC121 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

multiple orders from combobox

on my customer form I am trying to use a combo to select a supplier (cboCustomer) which then populates that suppliers items only(cboProduct) in the part/desc combo. this workS okay but I want to be able to select more than one item from that supplier at once and then have this generate a purchase order. I tried a continuous subform but couldn't get this to work. please help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    A multi-select combobox is only used for populating a multi-value field. I do NOT recommend multi-value field.

What you describe would require selecting items from a multi-select listbox and then VBA code to create records.

Customary data structure would have a table for Orders and a related table for OrderDetails. Then a form/subform arrangement using those tables. Your db lacks this.

Your table and field names don't make sense to me. Why is CustomerID the name of PK field in tblSuppliers? Wouldn't SupplierID make more sense? Why are there CustomerID_FK fields in the other two tables? Where is your tblCustomers?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

orange is offline Moderator
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    I agree with June --it seems there are tables missing from your relationships picture.
    I see ProductsReceived, but no ProductsOrdered.

You may want to identify "all of your tables and how they fit within your business" in a plain English description before getting into Forms and how to use combos/listboxes. Just seems a little "cart before the horse" at the moment.

Good luck.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.