astange is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2013 32bit

I Am having trouble setting my relationships successfully in my tblWB and Resource table

i Have attached a capture of my tblWB where there is missing data in the sub sheet and also one of my relationship structure currently. I really appreciate your help with this. There may be an incorrect relationship somewhere.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AccessTables.JPG   TblWB.jpg  

Bulzie is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    What data is missing? Not sure you need that line to Activity Number?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tblWB-2.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	242.9 KB 
ID:	31354 Ok removing activity number line, In my tblWB there are some good connections where I can reference my main import data sheet to confirm the data is correct, but on some rows the connection is giving me bad data.

Bulzie is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    We just see lots of numbers. Point out in your example screen shots what data is "bad" (what data in what table is it missing)? And what is it supposed to be?

orange is online now Moderator
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    Relationships are set up based on your business facts/rules.
    So, it might be helpful if you told us a little about your business. Perhaps you could describe "a day at the office" to give us some context.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TblResource.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	227.4 KB 
ID:	31359Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tblWBResourceJoin.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	64.8 KB 
ID:	31360

first shot is my resource table and second shot is my join table, i had trouble auto populating the fk_WBID field from the tblWBID, so i used an index search from excel and pasted the values in that access field. i think this created inco

My goal is to create a db for producing reports from data gathered from Primavera P6 through excel spreadsheet uploads. I have 4 tables, one for contractors, one for resources, one for WB i.e.Jobs, and one to join the WB table to the Resource table. i need to be able to run reports on resources tied to the jobs and jobs solely. hope that makes it a little clearer. this is for an oil and gas refinery.

aytee111 is offline Competent At Times
    Windows 10 Access 2013 64bit
    We are having trouble following your issue. First thing to note, nothing gets "auto-populated" in Access, it has to be done by a query or an update of some kind. Secondly, by "Subdatasheet" do you mean there is a lookup field on your table? If so, remove it, it will cause you untold problems. Third, in your relationships set the links to matching joins, your queries is where you will set joins that are inner/outer. Once the tables are clean and simple - data storage only, no lookups, no formatting, etc - then you can populate those tables one at a time from your Excel import table. Once the data is correctly added to the tables, create queries to display the data as you require.

orange is online now Moderator
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    You should also consider that 99% of readers have no knowledge of Primavera P6 nor your excel sheets.
    In fact, if you told us about a "day in your business" it would be helpful. It looks like work breakdown structure to me, but you're going to have to provide some context to get focused help.

We know nothing of you, your environment, your business, your experience, .... so if we are to help you, you going to have to supply some plain English overview ---not a report of data values.

I am surprised that Primavera P6 does not provide some reporting facility/utility--but then again I've never used it.

Good luck with your project.

UPDATE: There are several free youtube videos on Primavera P6. Seems to have a lot of reporting and customization built in. There are corporate and role dashboards and several built in reports with filtering options.
    Last edited by orange; 11-22-2017 at 10:07 AM. Reason: watched a youtube on Primavera P6

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.