TLC is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Navigation Form: buttons don't revert to normal colour

Hi,

I have a navigation form with four blue buttons: Book data, Article Data, Author data, Menu maintenance.

When I want to add Book information I click the Book data button and it turns red (remaining red as I am inputting the information). Then I click on the Article data button and start inputting information - but the Book data button remains red instead of reverting back to blue.

If I continue clicking all the buttons, they all end up red (not reverting back to blue) unless I hover the cursor over the buttons: the one which is activated remains red, and all the others revert to blue.

What can I do for the buttons to revert back to blue without needing to hove the cursor over them?

I've been playing in the property sheet, but I can't seem to find a way round this.

Thanks for any light you can shed on this.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Are you using the PressedColor property? I just tested for the first time. Tab returns to default color when pressing another tab. Just hovering does not change the pressed color. Cannot replicate the issue.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

TLC is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Yes, I set Pressed Color to red; and I set the following to blue: Back color, Hover color.

If it helps, you can see the behaviour here https://youtu.be/_HNkl0bmUYg

The video is set to private, but it should be viewable by taking the link. You'll also be able to see the properties that are set.
    Last edited by TLC; 10-22-2017 at 03:03 PM. Reason: added link

June7 is offline VIP
    Still cannot replicate issue. If you want to provide db for analysis, follow instructions at bottom of my post.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

TLC is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    OK, here it goes. Thank you for your time with this.

BTW, all the data and forms are written in Portuguese. I don't think it'll matter, though. Let me know if I'm wrong.
    Attached Files Attached Files

June7 is offline VIP
    I only have Access 2010. Apparently there are some features used in your db that require 2013 or 2016. Sorry, cannot open the db.

TLC is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    OK, thanks for your help. I didn't think there would be any problem because I have the db (and all the office) set to be compatible with 2010 as this is the version of Office there is at my work (although they only use excel and word). Perhaps my problem is related to the 2016 version? I'll keep on trying to find a solution.

aytee111 is offline Competent At Times
    Windows 10 Access 2013 64bit
    Database does not open on 2013 either.

davegri is offline Excess Access
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Your DB opened OK for me, but I don't see the problem you describe. As I hover over each tab button it turns blue, clicking turns it red and the rest are black, up and down. No problem at all.
    To recap, normal is black, hover is blue, click is red. Only one is red at a time, the others black.
    Try rebooting your computer.

vasilyok is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2016
    Hi! Have you found a solution to the problem? I am experiencing exactly the same thing with the navigation form in my application (Access 2016) - with this button behavior it is hard to clearly see what button is the active one at a given time since more than one is colored with the "pressed color" settings... Thanks.

TLC is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Sorry for the delay. I haven't had the chance to sit at the computer to try Davegri's suggestion (although the misbehaviour started the moment I created the second button, but I only came here for help two days later, after finishing the database proper as I see this as a detail). I've also talked to a colleague at work for him to check my file on his computer. Perhaps this might have more to do with Windows or access version?

@Vasilyok: Just hover over the buttons as a quick fix. It's annoying and not ideal, but at least it's workable.

I'll post more after I test the file on other laptops.

TLC is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    I'm just going to label this thread solved as this seems to be a freak behaviour - I have only been able to test this on another computer (I don't know many people with Access 2016) - and the problem persists.

After not touching the file for a couple of weeks - and thus, having changed nothing, the behaviour of the buttons has changed: clicking the first button reverts all the others to their natural colours. Clicking any other button, and the previous buttons keep their "clicked" colour instead of reverting.

I can't figure it out. So, I'm giving up on the navigation form (especially as some vba code I have works unless inside the navigation form). I'm just going to add buttons to open the other forms from a central form and be done with it.
    Last edited by TLC; 11-07-2017 at 04:44 AM. Reason: correction

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.