I have SharePoint linked table. In this table I have a field with the data type - short text, and source type as a value list. I need to edit some of the values in the list because they have changed and are no longer correct. When I change the lookup values then select a changed value I receive the error message, “You cannot update this field because the value you’re trying to apply is not valid or would break a data integrity rule. Please correct and try again.” So, I looked at the design view of the table and looked up any validation rules that may be set for the field… there aren’t any.

My next idea was to delete the field completely and reenter the correct lookup values. When I select the field/column and click delete I get the error message, “The field could not be deleted on the server. Synchronize with the server and verify that no other field references this field.” So, two things here. First, “The file could not be deleted on the server,” I assume this means the LCMP/SharePoint Server that I am linked to. I tried going to the SharePoint site and deleting the field/column there but can only edit items in the fields not the fields themselves. Second, “Verify no other field references this field,” I have looked up all the relationships to other tables and queries and nothing else pulls from the field I want to change.

I figured maybe this was an entire database problem but I tried editing another field’s source values and did so successfully. This leads me to believe I am missing a relationship somewhere but don’t know where or how to view them. I know there is a view all relationships tool but no relationships to tables or queries appear.

Thanks for the help,

Trevor