Reidy is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Hellp Noob alert - Database not doing what it should

Hi Anyone

So Im new to database building. Im trying to build a simple database to enter customer quotes and records.

Basically I just want to enter new customers and part codes and will then generate a report/quote basd on that data.

You will see from my attached database, ive probaby gone horribly wrong but im sure im close.

I enter details and they seem to update the right tables, i have a popup for adding new part codes but the combo box on the quote form doesnt seem to update. Ive tried every refresh talked about on the web

So in summary the database just needs to allow me to enter new customers and products and then display them in a form, so i can mess round with reports, adding new fields etc to show prices etc at a later date

Any help is very much appreciated
    Attached Files Attached Files

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    A form should normally be used to edit/enter data for only one table. Why are you including Customerstbl in the RecordSource for Quotesfrm? Same question for PartsCodetbl in the subform.

If you add items to Parts or Customers 'on-the-fly' while entering quote, the relevant comboboxes must be requeried so the new record will show in the list. Apparently Refresh on the form is not adequate, use Requery method on the combobox.

BTW, most developers would put the object qualifiers in the object name as a prefix, like: tblCustomers or tbl_Customers.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    I would suggest fixing the table structures before proceeding on.
    Consider these table structures:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Relationship1.png 
Views:	9 
Size:	57.0 KB 
ID:	30866

For table "PrtCodeCondition", "New", "Used" and "Refurbished" are data -shouldn't be field names.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.