CodeLiftSleep is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 10 Access 2013 32bit

Angry Major compiling issues in Access all of a sudden---stemming for problems I had in Excel??

Had an issue where I was told Excel had a problem and couldn't open the workbook, I went through all the possible solutions one by one til I moved it off the network drive and then opened locally and it worked...however ever since then all Office programs have ben acting weird. Still have random issues in Excel, unsure exactly what it's from, but now I am having them in Access also...

getting a myriad of different errors, NONE of which I had when I last saved it...everything was working fine.

My report is giving me OnMouseMove errors, on open errors, etc saying I have something named wrong, I am getting Compile Errors when I try and run Subs individually saying byRref error, etc etc...

NONE of this stuff was happening previously, and everything was working fine. Does anyone know what could be going on? It has to be something on my computer because I have other people who are opening the same database and the reports, etc are all opening fine without issues...

How do I get this resolved? Here is an example of what happens when I try and open the report...when I comment out Report_Open, then it throws an error for OnMouseMove events

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	20 
Size:	26.5 KB 
ID:	30863

Bulzie is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    Could be your program got corrupted somehow or issue with your MS Access or Office software. I would start with a good backup version before you started having issues and use that. If you don't have that, create a new MS Access database and import all objects, then go to design of a form, code window and do a debug and save. Maybe also compile it.

Next I would uninstall and reinstall MS Office or at least MS Access. Maybe some of the files, dlls and such on your PC got messed up. One test would be to try to open that database on another PC, does it have same issues. Have someone else open on their PC under their login, does it have issues?

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    it sounds like you have lost a reference library - check your references for any that a missing

CodeLiftSleep is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 10 Access 2013 32bit
    Thanks guys..actually what was happening was the program wanted to compile completely again and I forgot there were some old modules I wasn't using anymore that had earlier versions of functions that were missing parameters...it was throwing errors on those functions even though they were never being actually called...I deleted the modules and re-compiled and its working fine again...really weird stuff...

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.