Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    neuropsychresearch is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by aytee111 View Post
    Post your database.
    hello, aytee. Here is the db.

I am trying to make each tab's contents invisible until the "use?" box is checked. I have studied visual basic and can't figure out why my own version isn't working. I looked at your way, too, and it seems similar.

Here you go.

Steve
    db v11 try to make invisible.zip

aytee111 is offline Competent At Times
    Windows 10 Access 2013 64bit
    I need instructions on what you are trying to achieve - what form must I open, what must I do next, etc etc. You are in the thick of it but we are coming in from outside - and what little I knew has long been forgotten. As Sherlock Holmes said, I get rid of things that take up unnecessary space in my brain! I couldn't find any code at all that referenced anything called "Use?". I would highly recommend removing the question mark, special characters except underscore are a big no-no for names.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    I need instructions on what you are trying to achieve - what form must I open, what must I do next, etc etc. You are in the thick of it but we are coming in from outside - and what little I knew has long been forgotten. As Sherlock Holmes said, I get rid of things that take up unnecessary space in my brain! I couldn't find any code at all that referenced anything called "Use?". I would highly recommend removing the question mark, special characters except underscore are a big no-no for names.
    Sure. Open the db, execute the form "Demo." That opens up the form. There are numerous tabs for each domain. For every domain, I want to make it such that if the user clicks on "use" that the tests associated with it then become visible. As of right now, if you click on Mental Status, for example, the specific tests MMSE and Moca are already visible. I want to make it so that the specific tests under each tab are invisible until the user says he or she wants to enter data for that tab.

So you have one "use" checkbox and 4 pages for MenStatus. How do you envisage it working (in detail please!)? You mentioned in post # 76 that your VBA wasn't working, where can I find it?

Windows 10 Access 2016
    i want to make it so that all of the tests under a given domain are invisible until the Use box is clicked. Once Use is clicked, all of the mental status tests become visible.

Set them all to visible=no. Then add code in the OnClick event for the use checkbox to make them visible if true or invisible if false.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Set them all to visible=no. Then add code in the OnClick event for the use checkbox to make them visible if true or invisible if false.
    I understand the theory. but i have studied visual basic and after about 30 hours, can't get it to execute. Stumped. Do you know how to do it for say one of the tabs? like mental status? it doesn't seem hard. but absolutely no success at all i'm having...

You only have one use checkbox so it will apply to all the tabs. Otherwise how do you select which tab to show and which not? To set something invisible you would refer to its name, so it would be
    Me!pagename.Visible=False/True.

Windows 10 Access 2016

intractable "system resources exceeded" error

You only have one use checkbox so it will apply to all the tabs. Otherwise how do you select which tab to show and which not? To set something invisible you would refer to its name, so it would be
    Me!pagename.Visible=False/True.
    Aytee, hello, you helped me a few months ago on this thread. I've ultimately added all of the subforms that I needed. It's organized and efficient.

But there is a big problem - I think there are too many subforms being used at once, because I can't run the form 'Demo' any longer. It crashes with every click.

I've googled about how many forms I can have open at one time, but I haven't seen any cleaer discussions on Access''s limits.

Do you have any suggestions? I really can't reduce the number of fields I need. Neuropscych evals involve a lot of data each time a person is seen.

Any experience with this errror? I've tried to import into a new db. No good. I am trying to redo 'Demo' from scratch. But it seems discouraging because I don't have any reason to think the error won't occur again....

thanks

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.