George is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013 64bit

Removing a dropdown list from a table

Good Day All,

Initially my table field was set up with a dropdown list. I no longer need the dropdown list on that field. I went into the table design view and changed the setting from the dropdown, created by the wizard, to a textbox and save the changes. To my surprise there is still a dropdown list in the field.

I would be grateful if anyone can explain how to totally remove the dropdown list from this field.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Changing the Display Control property to textbox should eliminate the lookup in table, however, this will not change control already created on form or report.

Also, the Wizard has created a relationship link between the tables which will persist even after the property is changed to text box which prevents deleting the field. And I didn't even have tables in the Relationship builder. I had to add the two tables which then displayed the link line. I deleted the line to break the link then I could delete the field. I NEVER set Lookups in table and certainly not with the wizard. I seldom use any of the wizards.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.