pmangan is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Split Form Tabbing

Hi All,
    New Access user here. I have a split form in Access and when I hit tab to move from one field to another, the active field changes accordingly in both the form portion and the columnar portion. Does anyone know of a way to only move the active field in the form view, and "freeze" the columnar view? The problem is, I have a lot of fields in the form which necessitates a lot of columns in the columnar portion of the split form. I would like to be able to move in-between fields on the form, but still see the same set of columns in the window even when they're not active. Thanks in advance for your help!

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Well, sort of. Do you really need to see all fields in the datasheet part? Can hide columns and the field will still be visible in the form part.
    Last edited by June7; 10-12-2017 at 08:39 PM.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    Does anyone know of a way to only move the active field in the form view, and "freeze" the columnar view?
    Pretty sure you cannot. A split form is basically 2 views of the same thing, albeit the datasheet half represents all of the data associated with the fields from the other part of the form. That is, both halves refer to the same fields and if you select one in either half, you select it in both. The only way to prevent it AFAIK, is to lock the controls, which would be pointless.

The way to prevent the behaviour is to have a form/subform relationship instead of a split form.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.