lbrown is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2010 64bit

Post Need Help! Trying to update access database.

Does anyone have any suggestions/solutions on how and what to use to update our Microsoft Access database? Our database is 20 years old and we would like to salvage it and integrate modern tools - like workflow/project management tools, QuickBooks and "connectors" that you can find if you use Domo or similar products. We have been looking at all options and since we are a small non-profit, cost will be an issue with the big box programs that will require intense (costly) customization. I have reviewed so many options today that I am now totally confused with all of the different information. Any information or suggestions that might help point me in the right direction would be SO appreciated!!! Thanks

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    Welcome to the forum...

If you have an Access 95/97 dB, I would suggest converting it to Access 2000 first, ensure it still works as before, then convert it to Access 2010/2013./2016.

You should then create an ERD to know where you are now in the design/structure of the dB. Once you know what you have, you can start planning where you want to go with the dB and what you have to add.

There might be programmers in your area that might volunteer to help - you would have to search.
    If you have someone in your org that might know something about Access, they could ask questions of the forum. We would help, but you would have to do the work...

Good luck with your project.......

Missinglinq is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    Richmond (Virginia, not North Yorkshire!)
    In keeping with Steve's suggestion, Allen Browne has some excellent articles to walk you through upgrading from earlier versions of Access:

http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html#Convert

Just scroll down to the 'Upgrading' section.

Linq ;0)>
    The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    what to use to update our Microsoft Access database
    What does this mean? My peers seem to think it refers mainly to updating Access. I might be reading too much into the rest of your post regarding integrating things (maybe MS Project, Quickbooks, etc.). I don't see a need to update what you already have as far as that goes since 20 year old tables aren't going to be any better than those created in the latest version. Besides, you seem to be using 2010 already, so I'm not sure we're getting the full drift. Perhaps the DAO and other libraries in the old version are a problem?
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.