shod90 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 8 Access 2016

price changing problem.

Dear Gents,
    I faced a big problem when a price of one of my products was changed on my database , All reports are generating results for the new price !! .. Example to be more clear.
    On 1st of October the cheese was 12$ and now the cheese 13$ , All the reports generating that the cheese was sold with 13$ even 1st of October .. How can i control this problem ??

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Options:

1. save price in orders table, will probably require some code - create Price field in table and run an UPDATE query to populate with the original price and use code to save Price in future records

2. create a new record in products, add a field IsActive and set the old record as not active, apply filter in combobox so the inactive product records are not available
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

orange is online now Moderator
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL

Create a table tblPriceLog: PrlID, ArtID, PriceFrom, Price;
    Create a function udfPriceByDate(parArt, parDate), which returns price for article/service at given date from tblPriceLog.
    (the function must be the analog for query like "SELECT TOP 1 Price FROM tblPriceLog WHERE artID = parArt AND PriceFrom <= parDate ORDER BY PriceFrom DESC")

In your p.e. Orders table, remove the Price field - you must have ArticleID and sale/purchase date there instead;
    In your forms, reports, etc., you can use unbound controls to display the price, using udfPriceByDate() function.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.