f15e is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 10 Access 2013 64bit

MS Access 2013 Chart Object Crashing

I have Microsoft Office Professional 2013. Every time I try to edit one of my charts by right-clicking on an axis, which brings up the 'Format Axis' window, and click on the 'Scale' tab, it crashes every single time. After doing a search, it looks like others have had this same issue but none of my searches have produced a resolution to the problem. By the way, all of my office programs are up to date.

If anyone knows of a fix for this, please provide it. Thanks!!!

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    If you want to provide db for analysis, follow instructions at bottom of my post. It will have to be compatible with Access 2010 for me to open.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Sorry for such a long delay in my response June7. I don't think this issue has anything to do with my database itself. I say this b/c on my home laptop, I have Access 2013 where it crashes as described in my original post. On my work computer where I have Access 2010 using the same exact DB, I have no issues with the Scale tab. It works as it should and reason I say it must be something with the Access software, but I can't find any fixes for it. What do you think?

June7 is online now VIP
    A bug? Another reason I will probably never leave Access 2010, especially since I no longer have job requiring me to use Access, only at home.

Only happens with one graph? Have you tried deleting and rebuilding? Compact & Repair?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

MS Access 2013 Chart Object Crashing

June7,
    I've attached a PDF with screen shots of what occurs every time I try to click the scale or one of the other tabs in the Format Axis dialog. It also occurs with some of the other formatting dialogs. This happens with all the graphs I have within the DB i'm working on. I've tried C&R and even uninstalling and reinstalling MS Office 2013 but have had no luck. I am now going to create a new DB and only have a graph and table in to see if the same error occurs. I will reply with my results. Not sure why this issue doesn't occur when I open it in Access 2010 at work as I've mentioned which makes me believe it's not my DB but Access 2013 itself. Maybe it has something to do with a setting or conflict on my computer but where to start looking for this, I have no idea.

Access 2013 Error.pdf

I've created a completely separate DB with a table and chart but still get the same problem. The error message is as follows:
    The instruction at 0x00007FF79EF64CCF referenced memory at 0x00000000173571C0. The memory could not be read.
    If anyone has experienced this issue and resolved it, please provide your solution? Could this be a bad sector in my memory (RAM) and is there a way to fix this without replacing the memory sticks (modules)?

June7 is online now VIP

Thanks for the links June7. I've tried the solutions you provided with the exception of the one about using Ospeedy System Optimizer 7.0 by Speedy HLDGS Limited. I've looked at the reviews on it and some say it's a scam and others praise it so I'm not too comfortable with it. Have you used it before? Anyone reading this, have any of you used it and if so, is it safe and is it a good product?

I've tried everything I could think of or credible solutions I found online and still have had no luck. I have no idea where to go from here except just leave it as is which is not what I really want to do. Here are the things I've tried:
    1) sfc /scannow
    2) chkdsk /r /f /x
    3) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    4) changing the permissions on the key entries assosciated with the error to admins have full permission and owner. My user name is part of the
    admins group.
    5) I've made sure all of my drivers and winodws updates were current.
    6) Enabled and disabled Windows Event Log within services to see if that would help any, but didn't.
    7) Uninstalled and reinstalled Office 2013.
    8) Made changes to some components in Windows Component Services, DCOM Config.
    9) Changed permission settings related to the errors in the registry.

None of these worked. I'm at a loss. From Event Viewer I got the attached report. If anyone knows what can be done to fix my issue given the report, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Report.TXT
    Last edited by f15e; 10-17-2017 at 09:28 AM.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.