Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    TONYWALKER is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    An alternative has been given by user moke123 to access-programmers.co.uk (see attaced file) If i made it... i will upload it working, so other users can use it. ( https://access-programmers.co.uk/for...d.php?t=296210)
    Attached Files Attached Files

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    Here is another option using sub forms. I don't know you r requirements, but maybe it will give you ideas.
    BTW, I had to fix lots of things.......

Steve thank you for the efford, to make forms and subforms is the "easy" part, if you can see you can add one exam to the same order as many times you want. What i ve uploaded is the basic stucture of the db. The db im using has creteria to search patient, exams, result form, order status, flags to result values, statistics etc. I m looking to find a way to prevet this for happening. One solution has been given to the previous post. This is what i m trying to achieve. I ve tried to replicate the orders given to Ex_testlab, changing some things but i ve .. lost it somewhere. this is a good way to prevent user to add the same exam to an patient order.
    Again thank you very much !!!

Quote Originally Posted by TONYWALKER View Post
    <snip> a good way to prevent user to add the same exam to an patient order.<snip>
    You could set an index in the table "ORDER_RESULT" to prevent the same exam from being entered for the same order:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Index1.png 
Views:	46 
Size:	113.4 KB 
ID:	30663

Not sure what the table structures are now... I renamed fields and changed the field name "Field" because "Field" is a reserved word in Access.

The list box example uses a junction table that you don't/didn't have in the dB you posted. If you have a different table structure now, I would be interested in seeing it.

Good luck with your project....

Works fine thank you very much!!! Already added to my db!! The first issue solved!
    The names of fields at main db are in Greek so i dont have problem with reserved words, my mistake i didnt noticed it
    Now the next reason for this thread. The user must scroll down about 65 -70 exams, which are quite a lot... I ve been thinking that it will be more easy and quick to pick, or select from a pop up form the exams and then (the selected, or marked with a tick, or highlighted.. or whatever) added under the ExamOrderID (like the way as they were selected one by one from the dropdown list- as your db example).

If you are adding a new exam in the EXAM_RESULTS sub form, you can type the first letter or two, then click on the down arrow will take you to the selection that begins with those letters.
    Or you could double click on the EXAM combo box to open a form to select the test (how ever you want to design the form). Selecting a test would have code to put the value in the test combo box.

....and thats where my knowlege stops Steve, to create a combo box and adding code (like the box not visible to results subform)
    Thank you again very much!!!!!! Respect!!!!

Take a look at this one.

Click on the Next patient button so that "Mister, Mister" is the patient.
    In the EXAM Results (Green header), to add a new exam, double click on the EXAM new record - the one with the "*".

Click through all of the letters to see the exams.....
    Select a letter, then select a test. You can click the "Accept" button or double click on the test selected.
    You can double click on an existing test to change it or use the dropdown combo box....

BTW, If you select an existing exam and get an error, hit the ESC button.

ssanfu, you are one of a kind!
    Thats great too!!! I wonder if with just "one click" the user can add more than one exams, i m trying make things faster. For example, one click to open adding form, multi click to several exams to select, and finaly add all selected. To your example : one click to exams, one to letter, one to exam, one to add, repeat. The usual is more than 16 times, thats why i need to add multiple exams at once.... but ... you have done already enough, i dont want to bother you, to spend your time for my problem.
    With great respect, A.Athanasiadis

I changed the add exam to allow multiple exam selections per Letter selected.
    If you select "CHOLESTEROL" and "CK-MB", then click on the letter "G" WITHOUT clicking the "Accept/Add" button, the selections for "C" WILL NOT be added.

If you still want to add one "U" test and one "K" test, you can still double click and they will be added.

Click on the BLUE button in the header of the RESULTS sub sub form to open the form (can still double click on the combo box).

What do you think??

Thats great too Steve, but why to be letter selection? (is there a programming reason, so it can work?)....I m asking too much !!!
    The order of the exams can be ascending by name and even with the analyser.(combas, sysmex etc- i will add the field to exams to see what i mean)* Just two tables or instead of letters or analyser: Left with exams, right with selected and one button to add selected, so the user can see all the selected. (..although, with your sample he can see them added to subfrom).
    Steve your expertee is programming and access, my how lab works and what user needs. When its done i will send the complete db, with all fields, so you can have it and use it anyway you like.
    With great respect to my fiend ( even if i have never see you) Steve!!!!

MyLab4 Mod 3.zip

* this way you can establish connection with the analyser, establishing connection to send order and recieve results... complete access based L.I.S,( but for now isnt my direct aim)

Thats great too Steve, but why to be letter selection? (is there a programming reason, so it can work?)....I m asking too much !!!
    I added the letter list because I thought you wanted to cut down the number of Exams visible..... My bad..
    And no, you are not asking too much. I misunderstand what you wanted.

Maybe this??
    (To select/remove Exams, you can double click OR use the arrow buttons to select Exams)

Exactly !!!!! Thats it!!! You are great. Now can you suggest a good book, or other source to learn some trics like yours?(Although im an old dog)

How many people are going to use the database at the same time?

Books give you the basics of programming. Maybe you can find a "cookbook" of VBA code. Otherwise, it is reading on forums and trying things to get the job done....

One or two programming, and 7-15 viewing the results or printing. How many do you think it can handle?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.