I've got another one for you geniuses!

I'm just about done with my Access application and am implementing an auto-update feature for the front-end, borrowed heavily GrandMasterTuck's post at https://access-programmers.co.uk/for...d.php?t=265491. It works just fine with one annoyance I can't overlook - the Update application doesn't close itself, leaving another Access instance open in the background.

Here's the drill: my App opens to a splash screen, which immediately does a version check. If versions don't match, it opens the Update application in a new Access instance and closes itself. The Update application copies the updated version over the original one, opens the file in a new instance, and then should (but doesn't) close itself.

I'm doing this in a macro and have tried both "QuitAccess" and "RunMenuCommand Exit." Neither makes a difference. I've researched a few different ways of checking whether a database is open (like this or this) in order to close it when the Application reopens, but haven't had any luck.

What am I missing? Thanks in advance

Update:
Not sure what it is about organizing my thoughts to post that's been helping, but I split the update and quit functions out into separate pieces: On_Open updates the other file and On_Load calls for the application to quit. Now it works. No idea why, but after two hours of trying to figure this out, I'm not going to complain!