Peanutdust is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2016

Help please, total newbie in the deep dish

Hello to all,

I have been required to take over maintaining my company's database (with 0 experience), I have a small issue that popped up today despite no changes having been made.

My data in subreport is being duplicated 4 times, here is a snapshot:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Duplicate subreport issue.png 
Views:	14 
Size:	39.9 KB 
ID:	30305
    Here is a snapshot of the subreport in design view:

Views:	21 
Size:	13.9 KB 
ID:	30303
    and a snapshot of the main report:

Views:	21 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	30304

I may have provided inadequate information as I have no idea what I'm doing, but I greatly appreciate any attempt to help me. Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Duplicate subreport issue.png  
    Last edited by Peanutdust; 09-13-2017 at 08:19 PM.

Micron is online now Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    Something must have changed if this worked properly before. First step would be to trouble shoot the queries behind the report/sub report. Unless you can look at their design and get a feel for why a set of records is repeating, you're probably going to have to play around. One reason could be that there are more fields in the query than used on the report, and the unnecessary fields are causing what looks like unique records to be repeated, when in fact, the part you don't see makes what you do see repeat. Or perhaps the join(s) between tables has been inadvertently altered.

If the issue isn't obvious in design view, try running the queries. If you get prompted for input that seems to be asking about a report control name, I suggest you copy these queries and open the report normally and note what values are valid (maybe PO number?). Open the copies in design view and replace any criteria that references a report or sub report control with the valid value and try running again. Once you get them working, and if the sub report records are being repeated, the challenge will be to figure out the cause if it's not obvious to you. This might require you to compact and zip a copy of your db and attach it to a post as this could be one of many causes. You can start with a copy with sensitive data removed as long as there's enough supporting records/tables to replicate the problem. Not sure how many here can work with 2016 db's. I usually cannot because people usually include certain things that older versions don't support.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

orange is offline Moderator
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    Further to micron's comments, I am curious as to how and why your organization selected you to maintain a database that seems critical to your business.
    You have admitted to 0 database experience, so a large red flag has popped up in my mind.

Copying and pasting to the forum makes sense. I agree with his comments on Access 2016 --not everyone (I would suggest only a few) has access to 2016.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.