DEFT is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2013 32bit

Multiple Reports with multiple date parameters into 1 report

Hi all,

So I am trying to create one weekly summary report that pulls information from 5 other reports (that each detail one specific type of information) so that my team can review all of the information needed for the week in this one report. However, each of the separate reports are based off of separate queries which all include the date parameter--> Between [Enter the start date:] and [Enter the end date:] . What I would like to do to make the process easier for my team to be able to run the one summary report themselves is to only have them enter the date parameter one time (and for it to pull information for that data range from each of the separate report into the one summary report) and for the date range to populate into the report so they would know what date range the information is being pulled from. However, now, every time the one summary report is run, it requires we enter the dates five different times (one time for each report being pulled into the one summary report) and I can't figure out a way for the dates to populate into the report itself. Is there a way to do this?

Any information would be helpful! Thank you so much for you time and advice!

Best,
    DEFT

pbaldy is offline Who is John Galt?
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Most of us use forms to gather user input, and that would certainly solve your problem. Instead of:

[Enter the start date:]

You'd have

Forms!FormName.TextboxName
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

DEFT is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2013 32bit
    Yes, I've seen that used in different forum posts. However, in using this method, would I create a form with a textbox, and then link it to fill out all of the queries that feed into the reports? Sorry if I am not understanding your response. I am still new to Access and have attempting to learn as much as I can.

pbaldy is offline Who is John Galt?
    Windows XP Access 2007
    There are many ways to implement it, the key being that the user enters the required parameters on a form instead of using bracketed criteria. You could have a form with two date textboxes and a button. The button opens the report.
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.