Dano60 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2007

Help please

Hello,

Not a programmer but know access a bit. Need help, have to had another option like the underlined option below. where dog is selected in field pet from a field in another form. That field is in tbl_Produit. (Dog and pet are just as example)

Thanks very much.

Private Sub cmd_FicheProd_Click()

Dim sqlString, DateTerminaisonCalc As String
    Dim rs, rs2, rs3 As Recordset

sqlString = "SELECT tbl_Commande.DateSignature, tbl_Tache.DateFinReel, tbl_Commande_Produit.ProduitID, tbl_Tache.TypeTacheID, tbl_Tache.MachineID, tbl_Commande.ID_Commande " & _
    "FROM (tbl_Commande_Produit INNER JOIN tbl_Tache ON tbl_Commande_Produit.ID_CommandeProduit = tbl_Tache.ID_CommandeProduit) INNER JOIN tbl_Commande ON tbl_Commande_Produit.CommandeID = tbl_Commande.ID_Commande " & _
    "WHERE (((tbl_Commande.DateSignature) Is Null) AND ((tbl_Commande_Produit.ProduitID)=" & NoProduit & ") AND ((tbl_Tache.TypeTacheID)=19) AND ((tbl_Tache.MachineID)=34)) OR (((tbl_Tache.DateFinReel) Is Null) AND ((tbl_Commande_Produit.ProduitID)=" & NoProduit & ") AND ((tbl_Tache.TypeTacheID)=19) AND ((tbl_Tache.MachineID)=34));"
    Set rs = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset(sqlString, dbOpenDynaset, dbSeeChanges)

If rs.RecordCount = 0 Then
    sqlString = "SELECT tbl_Commande.DateExpedition, tbl_Commande_Produit.ProduitID, tbl_Commande.DateTerminaison " & _
    "FROM tbl_Commande_Produit INNER JOIN tbl_Commande ON tbl_Commande_Produit.CommandeID = tbl_Commande.ID_Commande " & _
    "WHERE (((tbl_Commande_Produit.ProduitID)=" & NoProduit & "));"
    Set rs2 = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset(sqlString, dbOpenDynaset, dbSeeChanges)

If rs2.RecordCount > 0 Then
    If Nz(rs2.Fields("[DateExpedition]"), 0) <> 0 Then
    If Nz(rs2.Fields("[DateTerminaison]"), 0) = 0 Then
    tempDate1 = CalcDateTerminaison(NoProduit)
    If tempDate1 = 0 Then
    tempDate2 = "0"
    Else
    tempDate2 = "#" & Month(tempDate1) & "-" & Day(tempDate1) & "-" & Year(tempDate1) & "#"
    End If

sqlString = "UPDATE tbl_Commande_Produit INNER JOIN tbl_Commande ON tbl_Commande_Produit.CommandeID = tbl_Commande.ID_Commande SET tbl_Commande.DateTerminaison = " & tempDate2 & " " & _
    "WHERE (((tbl_Commande_Produit.ProduitID)=" & NoProduit & "));"
    CurrentDb.Execute sqlString, dbFailOnError
    End If
    sqlString = "UPDATE tbl_Produit SET tbl_Produit.ImpressionFicheProd = 1 " & _
    "WHERE (((tbl_Produit.ID_Produit)=" & NoProduit & "));"
    CurrentDb.Execute sqlString, dbFailOnError

DoCmd.OpenReport "rpt_FicheProductionAupel", acViewPreview, , "[tbl_Produit].[ID_Produit]=" & NoProduit, , "Produit"
    DoCmd.RunCommand (acCmdZoom100)
    Else
    MsgBox "Il n'y a pas de date d'expédition!", vbCritical, "Date d'expédition"
    End If
    End If
    rs2.Close
    Else
    MsgBox "Certaine(s) date(s) nécessaire à la création de la fiche de production sont manquantes!", vbCritical, "Date manquante"
    End If

rs.Close

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Please post lengthy code within CODE tags to retain indentation and readability.

Don't understand what you want. You want another option to do what?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

orange is offline Moderator
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    Dano,

This does not work the way you think
    Code:
    Dim sqlString, DateTerminaisonCalc As String
    Dim rs, rs2, rs3 As Recordset
    IN Access vba you must explicitly declare the variable type. If you do not, variables will default to Variant type.

You can do this
    Code:
    Dim sqlString As String, DateTerminaisonCalc As String
    Dim rs As Recordset, rs2 As Recordset, rs3 As Recordset
    or this (or some combination)

Code:
    Dim sqlString As String 
    Dim DateTerminaisonCalc As String
    Dim rs As Recordset 
    Dim rs2 As Recordset 
    Dim rs3 As Recordset
    It is often suggested to be explicit with the recordset. eg Dim rs As DAO.Recordset, rs2 As DAO.Recordset, rs3 As DAO.Recordset

I suggest you provide a description of what you are trying to do with an example(s) rather than have readers review your code and make an educated guess as to your requirement. If you prefer you can write your description in French and have Google translate (or other) convert to English. It is best to have a clear description, make a model and test the model using pencil and paper rather than jumping into physical Access.

Good luck.

Windows XP Access 2007
    Thanks for the reply, I'm French and have almost no experience in code.

I have a report that is call rpt_FicheProductionAupel.

When I press see rpt_FicheProductionAupel button from frm_DetailProduit_Scolaire_E that report come up. Now, on that report there a field with the colour of that product. What I want to do is to prevent the report to come up if it contain the colour "to be determined" is the field colour. Need to keep the option to be determined as colour, it's useful when the client is not decided on the colour.

I hope it's ok?

Windows XP Access 2007
    Thanks for helping!!!!!

June7 is online now VIP
    Is this a report with a single record that has Colour field? That colour field is viewed on the form?

Maybe don't execute code if field value is "to be determined".

If Me.Colour = "to be determined" Then
    MsgBox "Colour to be determined, report canceled."
    Else
    .... continue with your original code to open report.

If that field is not viewed on form and it is not available in any of the recordsets in the code, perhaps do a DLookup() or DCount() test, something like:

If DCount("*", "tablename", "ID=" & Me.ID & " AND Colour='to be determined'") > 0 Then
    MsgBox ...

Or will this report have multiple records with Colour and some will be 'to be determined'?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

In the report's record source, do not select records where colour = "to be determined"

Windows XP Access 2007
    Yes, that colour field is on the form.

I still want to alert the employee that the colour is "to be determined" and need to be update. vbCritical message, I think.

Windows XP Access 2007
    Yes, this a report with a single record that has a Colour field.
    Yes, that colour field is viewed on the form.

Question, what is the Me in: If Me.colour?

June7 is online now VIP
    Me. is alias for the object the code is behind. Instead of typing out the complete form or report reference as in Forms!myFormNameHere, just use Me.

I suggest you provide a description of what you are trying to do with an example(s) rather than have readers review your code and make an educated guess as to your requirement. If you prefer you can write your description in French and have Google translate (or other) convert to English. It is best to have a clear description, make a model and test the model using pencil and paper rather than jumping into physical Access.

Provide sample data of what you have, and another of what you want/expect.

Good luck.

Windows XP Access 2007
    I've tried to put a print screen of the form and report on here does not seem to be able to!!!!

Wasted 1 hour writing up that explaination!!!!!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.