Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    lccrews is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    I have a form with questions and a table with answers. I'm using the junction table as just a table to hold answers now. The database, this form, is to define what ingredients go into a recipe at what stage. June7, Thanks for being patient with me. I have a junction table but I don't know how to associate them. I've created the many-to-many relationships that I needed but I don't know what to do after that.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    I still don't know what this db is all about and how data entities are related.

What do questions and answers have to do with recipes and ingredients? If you want a recipe database, Microsoft offers a template database.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

lccrews is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    June7, thanks for being so patient with me. My database is for recipes and the process behind it. This form is for the user to depict at what stages, the ingredients should be mixed in. Which is why I needed 15 answers in case there are 15 ingredients that need to be mixed at this stage. I have the junction table. I made the many to many relationships. I just don't know how to use the table once that's done.

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    The other thread was taken down, so forgive me if I miss the point of a subform. I've looked at the posted db, but the goal is still unclear. The form isn't bound to anything, nor are its combos. The combos have row sources to what I'd consider a lookup table. So are you trying to store the selected values, or do you only want to create a report (maybe so you can have a paper copy of the choices)? If the latter, I don't see a need for a junction table. I'd rather wait for clarification on the purpose of the db than explain how you could provide for just a paper copy/report.

EDIT: special characters save for perhaps the underscore, in any db names is bad practice (e.g. Item#)
    Last edited by Micron; 09-06-2017 at 04:52 PM. Reason: added info
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    You might provide revised db for analysis.

And correction, the template I was thinking of is a nutrition tracker, not recipes although if you Google you will probably find one, or even search this forum.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.