PATRICKPBME is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Text does wrap in subform but why the scroll bar at the bottom of the form?

I just read a post that solved my wrapping problem, but another remains.

I don't understand why, no matter how I size the memo field for comments, I get the scroll bar at the bottom of the screen. Further when I enter data, the sentence runs off the the page, presumably to the end of the box, before it wraps around and is visible. Again, no matter what I have done I can't seem to get this to fit in one area. Further, if I then try to print the information, the text (in print preview and when printed) that went beyond the Activity Filed's "edge" doesn't print or appear.

I am assuming this is just a setup issue but can't figure it out!

aytee111 is offline Competent At Times
    Windows 10 Access 2013 64bit
    A screen shot will help.

The scroll bar at the bottom of the screen is determined by the Scroll Bars property, set this to Vertical Only. Data running of the end of the page means you haven't sized your subform object large enough. Not sure about printing from a form, I never do it (that's what reports are for) and know that it does strange things.

John_G is offline VIP
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    The scroll bar at the bottom of the screen is for the entire form, not a specific field. It you see a scroll bar there, it means the entire form is wider than the screen, and it is very possible that a form field will be partially off the screen, and so will the text within it. Text wrapping is controlled (in this case) by the form field, not the screen. You'll need to resize the form itself, or narrow the width of the textbox so you see all of it.

PATRICKPBME is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    Well, it seems that no matter how small or large I make anything it doesn't solve my problem. I had the size at standard 8 1/2 x 11 landscape. There are only two fields in the sub form and 3 in the main form. All, at least in design view, are well within the margins. Nothing bleeding over which would explain constant "section width is larger than the page width" message I get in print preview. Very frustrating. I will try again tomorrow or maybe just start from scratch.

Thanks to all regardless.

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    in design view of the form, find the far right edge - this is the width of your form. Now drag it back as far as it will go - which will be to the rightmost side of your rightmost control

John_G is offline VIP
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    I had the size at standard 8 1/2 x 11 landscape.
    If your form size is 8 1/2 x 11, that is the problem - you have to allow for the margins, which are not part of the form width, but are part of the total width (form width + margins), so when you print it, Access complains about the total width being wider than the page width.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.