Johanb26 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit

Ms Access to Web ap

Good day everyone,

Our company currently uses an MS Access database for data capturing - the front end is on each users pc and the backend is hosted on a company server. However, with the increase in popularity of the mac, and Access not available on Apple what can we do in this situation ?

I was thinking of converting our database to MySQL and then the front end, how will I be able to get it to be run on Apple. So, the other option is to make the entire database a web app, so there is no cross compatibility issues. But how do I go about doing this ? I have seen some people use MS SQL Server to create an access web app, but have no idea how to do this or where to read up on this.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

CJ_London is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Access web apps are about to be deprecated, so there is zero point in going that direction. It will simply cease to work in about a years time. It is only still available to give developers time to redevelop with something else.

If you want to run access on a mac/ipad, the easiest solution is to install a virtual machine on it - a number of free ones out there, think Oracle do one. But you will need to install a windows environment on the virtual machine which has a cost - but considerably cheaper than developing a web front end. Depending on requirements, you would not need to install a full version of access, you can install the free access runtime. But be aware that runtime does not provide access to things like the navigation window, ribbon etc.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.