Hi everyone,

I am creating an Access DB so I can publish it to SharePoint for use by several individuals in our department. We are on SharePoint 2010 and have been using SharePoint Lists with limited success since our data is relational. While I realize that we could do better than SharePoint, it is what we have for the moment, and I was intrigued with the Access Web Forms. So I gave it a try. All tables and forms have passed the compatibility checker and will publish to SharePoint. The form I am publishing has a main form (frmClient) and three subforms (frmClientPhase, frmClientPhaseDeliverable, frmClientPhaseDeliverableNotes). Here is a screenshot of the form in Access:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Client Delivery Access Screenshot.png 
Views:	9 
Size:	67.9 KB 
ID:	30044

Since web tables don't allow for more than one key, the forms are tied together using the Master and Child link settings on the form properties with just the one ID referenced. Client to Client Phase is based on the ID from Client and the Client from Client Phase, which based on the lookup created in the Phase table is set to ID, Client. In order to get the other forms to update appropriately when clicking on records in the subforms, I added the ID's needed for the Master Child link onto the main form and referenced them directly rather than trying to do something like [frmClientPhaseDeliverables].Form![ID]. In this case, I have a text box called txtPhase which holds the PhaseID that I use as the Link Master Fields Value. It links to Delivery Phase as the child. I did the same thing for the frmClientPhaseDeliverableNotes subform where there is a txtPhaseDeliverable field that holds the deliverable ID. While testing, I kept those fields visible so I could see that the values were changing as I moved around the form.

Overall, everything worked as I wanted it. At this point, I have no macros. To test how this would look in SharePoint, I published everything, but it doesn't seem to work the same way as it does in Access. So, I am having trouble figuring out why. First of all, the forms don't display the correct values as you click the first time. So for example, I may display a note that doesn't belong to the deliverable being displayed. If I click in the grid and move back, it displays correct. More frustratingly, I get a "Failed to Filter Result" error whenever I try to navigate. Searching for this in Google has yielded little other than to check the data type of the fields used in my filter criteria to make sure they are the same, but I am not applying filters. Here is a screenshot of the way it looks in SharePoint.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Client Delivery Sharepoint Screenshot.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	99.5 KB 
ID:	30045

One last thing, I have gathered that the standard Filter control at the bottom of each grid does not publish, so I guess I will to add a button to do that. But, I also configured each grid to display the record selectors, and once published, they don't show either. You can see this in the top screenshot. I don't understand why Access will say something passes compatibility when I have enabled features that don't work in SharePoint.

Has anyone seen this kind of behavior and know how to fix it? Thanks in advance for the help.