NicksMovement is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2016

Query based on multiple criteria not returning all fields in date range

Hello everyone. Relatively new to using Access and this is my first post. Please bear with any redundancy, I just want to be clear.

I'm trying to put together an idealized schedule based on a PO Date (the starting point of a project), project duration (user selects range from 8 to 12 weeks) and whether the schedule is "driven by" Option A or Option B, for which they will input the deadline for the option selected.

The user will input the PO Date into a form, determine a project duration, and select Option A or B and then input a date corresponding to the option.

Option A corresponds to a date at the midpoint (Billing Date) of the schedule and the project end date is simply the PO Date + the project duration
    Option B corresponds to the project end date (Completion Date) and the midpoint of the schedule is then calculated based on end date and project duration.

All of this will be used to determine priority based on monthly billing (Option A) or completion date (Option B)

In a separate form I set a date range from which to return the relevant projects in ascending order. I then plug the query into a form and add a button to show a report.

**I want to show all projects in a given range regardless of what's "driving" the schedule, but an issue I'm running into is that when I set the date range past a certain point (in this case, 2 months), some of the projects get omitted, namely all the jobs that are driven by completion date**

Is there a way around this? And why does something like this happen?

Also,

Is it possible to select the query you'd like to run from a combo box? For instance, I'd select either "Billing" or "Completion" from the combo, select the date range and then refresh or requery to show the project priority. Can all this be done in one query?

I know this may be a lot, so if there's a similar thread that answers this feel free to direct me there.

Thank you all, glad to be a part of the forum

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Maybe this will help http://allenbrowne.com/ser-62.html

Would have to review your db to better understand issue and advise.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.