MiaAccess is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 8 Access 2013

Report fields not showing, Access 2013

I create a report and if the reports is several pages apparently it alternates background from blank to light gray. In my effort to make all backgrounds blank, I somehow changed some defaults to the font being transparent for some areas of the report? No quite sure what is happening. Even when I delete one of those fields and re-create them, the texts do not show. Very strange.
    I have compared the Property sheet on the fields that do not show with the ones showing and they are the same.

Here is my second question: How do I change the report defaults.

Bulzie is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    You best bet might be to attach a copy of your database(removing any confidential data) to let these folks take a look at you reports. Also not sure clear on the issue(s), so this only happens when the report is multiple pages? Each page is alternating backgroup colors or each line of the report? Do you have a good copy of the database before you made these changes that you can put it back to?

MiaAccess is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 8 Access 2013
    Ahh, the light went off. There are only a few field to fill in. From the form one selects the jobs number and the week ending date. This should then automatically generate the start date, the job number and the report date. It all works if there is data. If nobody worked on the job one week, the report does not generate data for these fields. Got to figure something out. I think I have to generate the report from the existing fields on the form.

Bulzie is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    You should easily be able to check any field on the form and if there is no data, do not run the report code.

If Isnull(Me.YourFieldName) then
    MsgBox "No Data For Report"
    End
    Else
    DoCmd.OpenReport "YourReportName", acViewPreview, "", "", acNormal
    End If

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.