Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    chalupabatman is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 10 Access 2013 64bit
    Quote Originally Posted by John_G View Post
    I cannot replicate that behaviour. Can you post a screenshot of those "empty white columns"

In the sample database that I upload, if you open qryAllData subform and use the scroll bar to scroll to the right, do you not see the empty columns that are included?

chalupabatman is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 10 Access 2013 64bit
    Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    It's tricky. Have to size the columns and form so the horizontal scrollbar is not needed. Close the Datasheet form and it should reopen with the same setup. Set the BorderStyle to something other than Sizable so users can't drag the edges and expose the blanks.

I can understand preference for a datasheet subform on a main form. I have one form with that setup. I also tried Continuous view but didn't like the way the record scrollbar worked. Lot's of buttons on the main form and the scrollbar extended up into the header area which is quite large on this form. However, the main form is UNBOUND.
    I just need to reduce column size (meaning width) on the sub form, then I will not receive teh blank spacing at the end?

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Still there, but without scrollbar and with the Sizable property set, users are less likely to reveal. Of course users are able to manually change width and order of columns in Datasheet view which can cause the blank area to reveal. Cannot do that with Continuous View.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

John_G is offline VIP
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    In the sample database that I upload, if you open qryAllData subform and use the scroll bar to scroll to the right, do you not see the empty columns that are included?
    No - I don't see any empty columns. The scrollbar can make the form move to the left so that most of it is off the screen leaving empty space, but that's not the same thing as empty columns. It also seems to be normal behaviour for all objects in datasheet view; I can replicate the same thing in tables, queries, and forms in datasheet view in my own database (as long as they are wider than the screen to begin with).

John_G is offline VIP
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    June7 has the answer for you in post #18. Open your form in form view, so that you see the subform in datasheet view. You can then resize the columns as rewuired, and the resizing will be retained. But you should also make your main form and the subform wider (in design view), so that you don't have to narrow the columns in the subform too much.

Keep in mind though that user can resize columns too, so that the datasheet is wider than the form again, and it will put the scrollbar back.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.