rabia is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 10 Access 2013 64bit

Making access database web based

I'm designing a database on Access. Eventually, I plan to move it to the Sharepoint. My database is at its initial stages. I have all the tables created and couple of search forms invoking other form. I do have some vba coding with the command button. I don't know much about migrating the database to Sharepoint, but according to the research I know that some objects and vba code won't work in sharepoint.
    Please guide me in which direction should I be going that later it shouldn't be a problem for me to move my database to the Share point.
    My goal is to make the database web based, so that other users can use the database in their browsers.
    Thanks in advance!

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Sounds like you are already going in the right direction just by being aware that VBA code won't work behind the web objects. Since you have done research, you are probably familiar with the basics covered in https://support.office.com/en-us/art...1-322DDBCF5411
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

CJ_London is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Also be aware that Access web apps will be fully deprecated next year. This does not mean it will continue to work, but you won't be able to make changes. It means it will stop working, period. The whole underlying support structure will be switched off.

For testing purpose, I tried to publish my current database into the Sharepoint. When I ran compatibility checker, I came across many problems and I was unable to resolve most of them except for error ACCWEB105016. I looked into the microsoft support site, but still cannot resolve the issue.
    I'm thinking since my database is at its initial stages, if I should go ahead and create a new WEB BASED database.
    I need some guidance here please. Thank you!

you need to define what you mean by web based database.

a database is just data and possibly associated queries - the back end. A front end to interact with that database might be Access or it could be html etc to run in a browser. It could even be excel or something written in any one of a number of different languages.

So explain what you are trying to do and perhaps we can help

Ajax, since I'm working in Access I mean Access Web Database.
    I'm trying to move my original Access database (which is not web database) to Sharepoint, but getting error ACCWEB 105016.

Ajax, since I'm working in Access I mean Access Web Database.
    you said

My goal is to make the database web based, so that other users can use the database in their browsers.
    'In their browsers' implies an access web app which as already explained is being deprecated. So apologies for the misunderstanding. If I haven't misunderstood, see this link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...b1d37e0?auth=1

I don't use sharepoint so cannot help. A quick google of the error indicates it is something to do with your relationships. This link seems to explain how you need to set things up

https://access-programmers.co.uk/for...d.php?t=245881

good luck with your project

Thanks Ajax, the second link does help.
    It is sad that Access web apps will be deprecated. Now that I'm aware of it, I'll keep it in mind.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.