Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

continuous form vertical scrolling

I have a continuous form with a vertical scrollbar. I use the mouse-wheel to scroll and it was working fine. However, since I upgraded Office 365 the scrolling doesn't work anymore.

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    check the mouse settings in control panel?

I didn't change the mouse settings, they are all right.

Vertical scrollbar is not working in continuous form

For the moment, I’m working in Access 2016/MS Office 365 version 1706. I have a continuous form with a vertical scrollbar. This scrolling is working fine using the scrollbar and mouse wheel.
    However, since I upgraded to MS Office 365 version 1707 it’s no more possible to scroll with the mouse wheel or scrollbar.
    On the other hand, scrolling in my Access-tables is still working fine.
    When I do a system recover back to version 1706 everything is working fine again.

Luciano is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    Am I really the only one with this issue? I really didn't change anything in my continuous form : in version 1706 it's working fine, in version 1707 the scroll bar and mouse-wheel is no working anymore.

Lee63 is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    We are experiencing something similar. We too are using continuous form with a linked table to SQL Server. Users are on Access 2016 on windows 7 and windows 10. Today, users noticed the scroll functionality wasn't working like it was yesterday. No changes to the Access application were done, so it seems like something in the version of office/Access. Yesterday, users could use the scroll bar to "drag" to a new location in the list, today that functionality doesn't work. Also the mouse wheel won't scroll either. (the mouse wheel thing is fixed with this event handler https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...s-in-an-access )

There is clearly something going on with the vertical scroll bar. We have some users still on Access/Office 2013 who don't seem to have been impacted.

I confirmed the build of access impacted here is 1707 as well .

prestonmac is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Our users are experiencing the same problems. I am not sure which version this started with, or if it is even related to the office version, but... The scrollwheel moves the scrollbar, but the user cannot see the form scroll. The record count in the popup changes, but no movement. The same is the case when dragging the scrollbar. However, the arrows at the top and bottom of the scrollbar still work. This is an app that has been in use for many years. There have been no dev changes. I have only seen one unanswered posted in google about this. It definitely affects Office Access release 1707 version. We have users that have not upgraded, who are functioning properly.

Lee63 is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    sooo... rolling back from 1707 version of office makes the scrolling problem disappear - just as "BalloonPlanning" above indicated.

CJ_London is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    quote from Microsoft

'can’t give you an exact date, but the regression has been identified,
    and a fix will be made in the currently released builds, so it will be
    available soon (not months).
    I’ll give you an update when I have one (the regression and the fix are
    outside the Access team, so I’m just monitoring, don’t have direct control).
    In the meantime, the best thing to do is to stay on 1706 until 1707 has been fixed.
    '
    So it is a recognised problem and a resolution is being sought - just not sure when it will be resolved

John_G is offline VIP
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    Hi Ajax -

You may have contacts and information the rest of us don't -

Do you know if MS is going to do anything about the essentially useless help system that was introduced in 2016? It is especially bad for VBA - what used to be useful and easy now basically cannot be done. For anyone using Firefox with NoScript, it fails completely. I did complain using the feedback option under File, but I doubt anything will be done.

Thanks

I don't really but am a member of another group which MS takes an interest in. The matter had been raised by that group and that was the response.

MS does have sites for putting ideas. This one is for Access, but it should give you a clue to find a more relevant one

https://access.uservoice.com/

accessDatabase is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2016
    Hi, I'm having similar issues. Access 2016 (32-bit) on Windows 7 (64-bit).
    The mouse wheel no longer scrolls through a continuous form, but the vertical bar does still work. Access Version 1707 (Build 8326.2073 Click-To-Run)
    Anyone know when MS will release the update to fix this?
    Thanks.

I'm advised the fix is due sometime in September, don't have a specific date, but will apparently be version 1709. In the meantime, if it is an inconvenience, roll back to 1706.

accessDatabase is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    I'm advised the fix is due sometime in September, don't have a specific date, but will apparently be version 1709. In the meantime, if it is an inconvenience, roll back to 1706.
    Thanks for the update Ajax. Do you know how I might roll back to 1706?

sorry, no idea - but since this is a common issue I'm sure you'll find the solution if you google it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.