gheyman is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Unhappy Navigation form and "search Fields"

I had a form with a search field on it (Query criteria) which worked great. Once I "moved" the form onto a Navigation form I have problems with it.

When you open the Nav Form you get a pop up form titled Enter Parameter value ? It is referencing the the Text box I am using on the original form (not the one in the Navigation Form.

Has anyone else had this problem and come up with a solution?

Thanks

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    The form is now a subform and cannot be referenced the same way. Review https://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=32053

On a normal form with subform container control, controls on the form that is now a subform must be referenced through the container control.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    The form is now a subform and cannot be referenced the same way. Review https://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=32053

On a normal form with subform container control, controls on the form that is now a subform must be referenced through the container control.
    Thanks. Is FnameTXt the Field name. Or is it the Feild name wth "txt" added to the end of it?

Like "*" & [Forms]![NavigationForm]![NavigationSubform]![FnameTxt] & "*"

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by gheyman View Post
    Thanks. Is FnameTXt the Field name. Or is it the Feild name wth "txt" added to the end of it?

Like "*" & [Forms]![NavigationForm]![NavigationSubform]![FnameTxt] & "*"
    I ask because this is not working with the Textbox name, actually it doesn't work either way.

Like [forms]![frmBidItemsNav]![frmBidItemHistorySearch]![txtBidHistorySearch] & "*"

PS, should the Search field be a separate Text box on the Navigation form in the header section? I am using the unbound text box in the form that is also the subform in the Nav form.

Thanks

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    NavigationForm still has subform container control and referencing subform fields/controls must be through the container. However, there is only one container and it is named NavigationSubform unless you changed the container's Name property. The object referenced by the container is dynamically loaded by clicking tabs (tab's NavigationTargetName property manages this). This is how NavigationForm differs from a normal form with subforms placed on pages of a Tab control.

FnameTxt is name of field or control.

Try:

LIKE [Forms]![frmBidItemsNav]![NavigationSubform]![txtBidHistorySearch] & "*"
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.