vinayak36 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007

filter data as per set time interval

Hii, I am generating a report for Machine batch data in Access. In that all the data is being recorded in Access Database for every second. For Reporting I want to filter that data as per set time interval means as per 30 sec. or 60 sec. How can I Filter that data as per my set Time interval. After filtering it should show the record of each 30 second or 60 second. It is just to compress the length of report.

Thanks and waiting for reply.....

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    You didn't provide the structure. Is there a field called seconds?
    Or a Timestsamp and you want to count the items in 1 minute (or every 30 secs)

No there is no field for seconds.. You can check the database screenshot in the attachment.. All the data I am getting from Machine Software Access Database. Which is having time stamp for each second.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.png 
Views:	7 
Size:	219.5 KB 
ID:	29523

aytee111 is offline Competent At Times
    Windows 10 Access 2013 64bit
    The simplest way would be to filter it every minute, create a totals query and group the data by Format(Time_Stamp,"yyyymmdd hh:nn"), leaving off the seconds.

Sorry I didnt understand what you want to suggest.. actually filtering it by minute will be problematic for me because there is one parameter for set print interval.. which means client is going to set time interval in seconds before opening report as per that set print interval my data will get filtered from available data. And report will be generated of that data. For example, if client will set 30 seconds of print interval, data should have to get filtered of data records of every 30 second instead of each second. I am getting raw data of every second, from that it will pick only that rows which is matching that print interval..
    Thanks for suggestion...

aytee111 is offline Competent At Times
    Windows 10 Access 2013 64bit
    If the user enters 30 or 60 then you can separate out the seconds from Time_Stamp and determine either every minute (if 60) or seconds <31 or >30. Use the Format function for this and it can be done in a query. Otherwise, if the user can enter any other number then you will need a VBA routine to determine the value to group on.

I suggest that you create a query and use the format function to show different values for Time_Stamp to learn what is available to you and how you wish to proceed. Then you will have a better idea of exactly what to ask.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.