wcrimi is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 8 Access 2013

Import Data Options Missing from Ribbon

I do a lot of importing of text and Excel files. I generally click on External Data and then I have a series of options of which file type I want to import displayed on the ribbon (text, Excel etc..). I choose the file type and then eventually choose which specific text/Excel files I want to import. For some strange reason the section with all the import choices (text, excel etc..) has disappeared from the ribbon. The export options are still there. So now I have to type in "import text file" into the help area to get to it or click on "New Data Source" then "From File" and then "Text File" instead of them all being displayed on the ribbon. I didn't absolutely nothing to change my setup. I've been doing this for years. It just magically disappeared. I tried finding some help on how to customize, but it was not really helpful.

Anyone?

Thanks

Windows 8 Access 2013
    This is what it looks like now

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	13 
Size:	13.8 KB 
ID:	29358

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Are you able to grab and drag the lines separating the tab sections and resize? What happens if you widen the application window?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows 8 Access 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    Are you able to grab and drag the lines separating the tab sections and resize? What happens if you widen the application window?
    I tried both of those things and neither worked.

It seems like somehow it added something called the "New Data Source" level to the ribbon and what I want is located under that, but I'm afraid to delete it (assuming I even can because I don't know how) because it may delete everything underneath it.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Certainly a mystery how this happened and cannot replicate. Try a reset to default ribbon.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

CJ_London is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Not sure if this will help

right click on the ribbon and select 'customise the ribbon' (Or go to File>Options and select from there)
    on the right side, expand the External Data Option, then the Import and Link option

You should be able to see how your options are grouped and change them around

Windows 8 Access 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Not sure if this will help

right click on the ribbon and select 'customise the ribbon' (Or go to File>Options and select from there)
    on the right side, expand the External Data Option, then the Import and Link option

You should be able to see how your options are grouped and change them around
    I more or less managed to get to that point on my own this afternoon. It has basically added what I would consider the equivalent of a high level directory called "New Data Source" (that's what appears on my ribbon) and then something below that called "From File" and then underneath that is all the file types I want. It's that last level I want displayed on the ribbon, but I don't seem to be able top remove those higher level directories. It won't let me or I haven't figured out how to do it yet.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.