AccessWebpage is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2007

Access 2007 form needs to be able to data entry from the web

Without any backend server, how can I create a data entry from for users to enter from any web browser? Some of my research says it cannot be done in this version, other research says to open Objects>Pages, and 2007 doesn't have this option. We have multiple versions of Access on our network, so need the earliest version to have this capability.

RuralGuy is offline Administrator
    Windows 10 Access 2013 32bit
    Are you talking about using the public Internet or just your local LAN?

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Don't know what you mean by "open Objects>Pages". Only thing I can find refers to asp.net coding web pages. Review https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/6c3yckfw.aspx

How do you network?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows 10 Access 2007
    We'd like to keep it on the Local LAN. Here's instructions I found, but I don't have the options in Access 2007 noted:
    1. Open your file in Access. Click the Navigation Pane on the left side of the window to open a list
    of the database components.
    2. Click the arrow next to "All Access Objects" to open a drop-down menu. Click the type of
    Access object that you want to convert; for example, select "Tables" to make a Web page from table data.
    3. Right-click the component that you want to convert to a Web page.
    4. Click "Export."
    5. Click "HTML Document" to open the "Export - HTML Document" dialog box.6. Click "Browse" and then navigate to a location to save the Web page.
    7. Click "OK" to create the Web page.

I'm not sure about a browser application as MS has deprecated that feature. On your local LAN you can make a shared application in MS Access that anyone on the LAN with MS Access could use for data entry.

Windows 10 Access 2007
    We have a domain, if that is what you mean by your question: How do you network?

Windows 10 Access 2007
    That answers most of my research where I came up with the same answer...no longer available with Access 2007. Not all users will have MS Access, so if that is a requirement, we will have to purchase several more licenses, and 2016 Home and Business do not come with Access, I will have to research whether it is available as a stand alone product now.

Several versions of access included a free runtime version. I believe ac2007 was one of them.

Here's a couple of links on implementing a successful Multi-User MS Access system:

http://www.accessmvp.com/TWickerath/.../multiuser.htm
    http://www.fmsinc.com/microsoftaccess/databasesplitter/

Windows 10 Access 2007
    Thanks, I had started working on the database splitter, but your link is much more detailed! However, it appears it still will not allow the use of data entry without the program on the local machine. Or am I not thoroughly understanding the information?
    "With a split database design, you'll need to distribute the front-end database to each user. By residing on their local machine, the performance of your application will improve. However, this adds an extra level of complexity when your application changes."

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    As RuralGuy noted, MS provides a freebie Access run-time app for users who don't have full Access app. I've never used it but my understanding is this allows data input but not design capabilities. Even install it for users with older Access and everyone can run the latest version of your db.

Thanks for the clarification on creating pages. I've never built a web db.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows 10 Access 2007
    I think you've steered me down the only path I have. Thanks. Closing the thread.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.