jlgray0127 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013

MS Access Shared Database and Offline Files

So, world ending issue... I have a shared database. Front end is local on a user's PC. Back end is on a shared drive.
    A user (me.. SMH) switched the properties on the network folder to "Files available Off line".
    I was adding a new user yesterday, and his database was pulling missing several records and he was getting an error at start up.
    The error was generated due to a table I had added two fields to a couple weeks ago. I opened his linked table and seen those two fields were missing. I opened the table on my PC, and the two fields were there. Very confusing. I thought maybe, since I was just setting it up, it somehow was grabbing an old copy of the back end I had archived a month and a half ago... After a couple of hours of digging, I sadly found this is not the case.
    After finding I had switched the network folder to available offline, I checked if I had any syncing issues, and sure enough... an error. I then hit Sync.
    Long story short... the backend is now missing the last month and half worth of data and updates.
    Check the backups of the network folder, you say.. sure... I did! And guess what... all missing a month and a half of data...
    We (I recruited IT) checked all the "Offline" files and they are the same...

I have no idea how everything could have been up to date and working fine, and now am missing all this data. Any advise or assistance would be greatly appreciated. I have spent hours and hours googling and digging and can not seem to find a solution to where my records are... praying not lost for ever! That will kill our 3 year old database and send us back to 100's of excel spreadsheets...

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    If data doesn't exist then it just plain doesn't exist. If you have no backup copy with the data you are SOL.

How does this kill the db and send you back to spreadsheets? Can't re-enter a month and half of data?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.