TriciaWeg77 is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2013 32bit

Unhappy HELP!!! Windows 10 may have caused an issue I need to know how to fix!

Hi!
    Yesterday, our IT department (very LARGE company) migrated me to a new computer system, which now has Windows 10 instead of windows 7. Previously, we were running MS Office 2013 and Adobe Acrobat Suite Professional 11 with our old system. I designed a database 6 years ago (in MS office 2007) that has worked perfectly up until this migration.
    For the most part - everything works fine, but I have a very strange issue that is occurring.

I have three buttons that have embedded macros behind them - they run a report and then go automatically to "Print Object" - which usually prompts them to print to PDF by default (this is how I need it to happen.)

Two of the three buttons work fine, but the third button now gives me error "2212" when it tries to print - it says "cannot print object: make sure the specified printer is available. Keep in mind this is going to the Adobe PDF maker, and other buttons that do the exact same thing work just fine.
    (No changes whatsoever have been made to anything except the new computer system I am using now has Windows 10 instead of Windows 7.)

Does anyone have any idea of what may be causing my issue? Does it sound like this caused a corruption in the database itself or possibly in the registry of my computer? I am not sure where to proceed...

Any help that can be provided would be GREATLY appreciated!

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Things to try. Test the button performance between each step.

1. run Compact and Repair

2. confirm this happens on other Windows10 computers

3. delete and rebuild the button - copy/paste a working button and make adjustments

4. convert embedded macros to VBA
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    also verify if in the upgrade your were moved from 32bit office to 64 bit office (use file>help to see which bit type). If you have then there are potential changes you need to make to any API functions and long pointers

for API functions - change

Private/Public Declare Function....

to

Private/Public Declare PtrSafe Function....

and for long pointers, you need to know your API's. You can google on the API name to find out what the parameter types an function types are

in most cases it is hwnd (pointers to windows objects) so for example

Public Declare Function GetWindowLong Lib "user32" Alias "GetWindowLongA" (ByVal hWnd As Long, ByVal nIndex As Long) As Long

becomes

Public Declare PtrSafe Function GetWindowLong Lib "user32" Alias "GetWindowLongA" (ByVal hWnd As LongLong, ByVal nIndex As Long) As LongLong

LongLong is the 64bit equivalent of the 32bit Long. Alternatively you can use LongPtr instead of LongLong which will adapt depending on which bit version the code is being run in but only applies to .accdb's. If your db is compiled to .accde it will only run on machines installed with the same bit type as it was created. This may be the case if your app is multi user and not everyone has been upgraded.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.