Lou_Reed is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Analyzer gives error: The application is not saved in a fully compiled state

When I ran the MS Access 2010 performance analyzer on my db, I got the message:

The application is not saved in fully compiled form.

This surprised me in that I thought that each line of VBA compiles the minute
    you go to the next line. Since I have written the VBA code and debugged it, its
    failing to compile was indeed a surprise.

So I loaded the db again and pressed cntrl-G. Then I selected the top line in the menu
    that gave me the option of compiling the entire database.

It gaged on the line that you see in the attached pdf file. It says method not found. I thought it was found.

So what do I do the fix this error? The entire db should compile, but the only time that I got this error
    was when I tried to compile the entire db.

The db is also attached.

Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Respectfully,

Lou Reed
    Attached Files Attached Files

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    It is not finding a control named btnNext. You will get the same error for btnPrevious.

Since you have embedded macros for the Previous and Next buttons, remove the VBA procedures or correct the names referenced in the code.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Lou_Reed is offline VIP
    I thought that was the issue. So to correct just remove the VBA code? I thought since I switched from VBA code to Macros and that once I did, that the VBA code would disappear. Why is the code still there? It ha no purpose.

If I remove a control on a form, does that mean the underlying code stays?

Respectfully,

Lou Reed

June7 is offline VIP
    Yes, code will stay.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Lou_Reed is offline VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    It is not finding a control named btnNext. You will get the same error for btnPrevious.

Since you have embedded macros for the Previous and Next buttons, remove the VBA procedures or correct the names referenced in the code.
    How did you know that? I mean the VBA code is there, but how did you find out there was no connection or no control named btnNext and btnPrevious?

Respectfully,

Lou Reed

June7 is offline VIP
    I looked on the form the code is behind.

Also does not list in the IntelliSense popup when typing Me.

Lou_Reed is offline VIP
    I ran the analyzer again and it said on certain subforms use Option Explicit statement. That is always a good idea.

I went to that form and checked the code behind it and there was none. That is confusing. you still have the db. It says on rptAttendance
    to use "Option Explicit" statement. But I do not think rptAttendance has any VBA code behind it. What is going on?

Respectfully,

Lou Reed

orange is online now Moderator
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL

June7 is offline VIP
    Many of your modules do not have Option Explicit.

The report's HasModule property is set to Yes. Try setting it to No and respond to the prompts.

Lou_Reed is offline VIP
    I have gone through and changed that. They all have Option Explicit now, at least I think they do. The ones that have no VBA code behind them of course do not need "Option Explicit" That is what is confusing telling me that a subform or report needs "Option Explicit", but I then find there is no VBA code associated with that subform or report.

Also, I ran the performance analyzer again and it said (I kid you not) to save the application an a MDE file? I really do not think that is required.

Respectfully,

Lou Reed

June7 is offline VIP
    Doesn't matter if the module has no code. The module exists.

Lou_Reed is offline VIP
    Okay, what about save the application as an MDE file? It clearly is an accdb file; why save it as an MDE file?

Respectfully

Lou Reed

Lou_Reed is offline VIP
    At some point when I am running the MS Access 2010 performance analyzer, I get application not saved in fully compiled state. This happens sporadically certainly not all the time.

However, when I press alt-F11 and find some VBA code and ask (from the menu) to compile the VBA code, there is no uncompiled code there. Everything seems fine. I am not sure
    what it is talking about. As I said this does not happened al of the time. Only occasionally does it happen, but it does happened often enough to be of concern.

What is going on?

Respectfully,

Lou Reed

June7 is offline VIP
    I've never used the analyzer so no ideas on why it acts that way.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.