Smokey76 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013 64bit

Data entry

Good day . I am a new user . I want to know if anybody could help me with the following problem . We manufacture spare parts . The current database we use provide me with bill of materials . But the catch is it cant support manufacturing in total . I started making a database with tables and querries . The problem i got is that you got a part number or stock item but the catch is each part number has dfferent parts used to make that one part . Now i got my tables and querrie but when i make a form to edit data for example part number 23ae uses 20 bolts , 20 nuts ,20 washers . I have a lookup column to lookup the number and a text box to put in how much i need of 23ae . In the lookup three 23ae's come up and when i edit it for instens i want 4 only the firts line gets the data but the other two stays blank . How can make a code to update all the 23ae quantity needed to 4 . Please help .

cbende2 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2013
    Hello Smokey76 and welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately, I'm not really able to understand exactly it is that you want to do.

Can you reword and describe it, sort of step by step to give us a better understanding.

Thanks

Smokey76 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013 64bit
    Thanks for the reply . What i have done is . I made a query the one field has a list of BILL numbers next field BILL DISCRIPTION next field STOCK NUMBER next field STOCK DESCRIPTION next field QTY next field ONORDER and last field a TOTAL . The BILL field contains multiple same numbers . It is also my LOOKUP FIELD . The reason why it has multiple same numbers is because one item may contain several parts to make it . The STOCK NUMBER is the items you use to make the item in the BILL . The QTY is preset to the number of items in STOCK NUMBER you need . ONORDER is the quantity you have on order of the item in the BILL NUMBER field . TOTAL has the calculation where you multiply QTY with ONORDER . Now i want to make a FORM where i put in the quantity i need of the items in the BILL NUMBER . But as i said the BILL NUMBER has multiple same numbers to manufacture a item . I made a FORM but in the LOOKUP FIELD for instance if my BILL NUMBER is 0000 and contains 5 field lines of 0000 and i want to manufacture 6 of the items . I have to LOOKUP 0000 and insert 6 in everyone of the 5 field lines . Now it calculates the quantity i need of each item to manufacture but i want to LOOKUP just one of the BILL NUMBERS enter the quantity i need press enter and the query must then distribute the value to each off the field lines that contains the same BILL NUMBER . Hope you understand .

cbende2 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2013
    Could you post the database? I'm still having a tough time understanding. Make sure you remove any sensitive info.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.