Shameer is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013 32bit

Sub Form Data Sheet view all entries

Dear Experts ,

As I am new to the MS access , need help from you, please refer the attachment
    1) I need to display both Boiler 4 & Boiler 5 or any other entries in this particular table as permanent rather than selection in the sub form
    2) Boiler 4 , 5 , 6 are the units which I am adding in the table as units & I have linked these with data like hour meter for daily entry
    3) I have tried but unfortunately I cant display these texts as a list instead of selection from the drop down menu.
    Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MS Access Sub Form 24052017.jpg  

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    not clear what you are asking - do you mean a list within one record in the subform? or do you mean multiple rows to the subform - one for each boiler? Or do you mean you can see in the dropdown boilers 4 and 5, but not 6?

Dear ,

Thanks...

1) I have added the boilers in the Boiler Table as Boiler 4 & Boiler 5 through a form entry for Boilers & Linked this with another table for the reading entry of Jet hour meter & Fuel Meter
    2) in future if we need to add a new boiler it will be Boiler 6 and will be added through the same way as explained in point 1
    3) In every day we will take reading on daily basis & we need to enter all the reading in this form for data analysis.
    4) I linked the boilers into the Reading table through Look up field & is Working OK
    5) Now my issue is that the operator is entering the data daily & he needs to select Boiler 4 & Boiler 5 ( & may be Boiler 6 /7/8 in future) each & every day when he want to enter.
    6) I need all the entry in the Boiler field (in the sub form) should be visible so that the operator doesn't want to select the boilers and enter , instead he just enter the new data in the entry field (jet Hour & Fuel Meter) directly corresponding to the Boiler numbers in the form / sub form combination
    7) How can i display the all linked data in this sub form instead of selecting from drop down menu...i need to display in the sub form like below...
    Boiler 4 ...entry filed for Jet hour meter...entry filed for Fuel Meter...entry filed for remarks in first line
    Boiler 5 ...entry filed for Jet hour meter...entry filed for Fuel Meter...entry filed for remarks in second line
    Boiler 6 ...entry filed for Jet hour meter...entry filed for Fuel Meter...entry filed for remarks in third line....in future if i added this boiler as per point 2 above
    Boiler 7 ...entry filed for Jet hour meter...entry filed for Fuel Meter...entry filed for remarks in fourth line....in future if i added this boiler as per point 2 above
    & So On...

CJ_London is offline VIP
    If I've understood you correctly then what you want to do is create new records each day, one for each boiler so the operator does not need to create the records by selecting boilers individually?

If so then you will need some code which perhaps runs off a button to create those records. What that code looks like depends on your table structure. Will need to see your table structure to be more specific but in simple terms it would be something like

Code:
    dim rst as recordset
    set rst=currentdb.openrecordset("SELECT * FROM tblBoilers")
    while not rst.eof
        currentdb.execute("INSERT INTO tblReadings (BoilerFK, ReadingDate) VALUES (" & rst!BoilerPK & ", Date())")
        rst.movenext
    wend
    me.readingsubform.requery
    rst.close
    set rst=nothing

Dear ,

If I've understood you correctly then what you want to do is create new records each day, one for each boiler so the operator does not need to create the records by selecting boilers individually?

Exactly.

Is there any way to do it in the table / form / sub form setting rather than changing the code structure. i just need to display those records ( Boiler 4 / 5 / 6... which is entered earlier ) in each & every time i opened the form for entering the data for a particular day. ( this day will be an automatic for the current system date ) . only 6 times in a week we will enter the data & some times it is 5 times per week & so on. Since i am new to the MS access platform when i created my first project i have seen it displayed the full records under the sub form , but i don't know how it came & how it gone

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Is there any way to do it in the table / form / sub form setting rather than changing the code structure
    sorry no, code is the only way. You might be able to use a macro, but suspect not - I don't use macros so can't really advise

Dear ,

Thanks for your valuable feedback

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.