Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit

Composite or compound - synonymous.

Boris Karloff and Bela Lugosi do not have data in Organization field in tblPersonnel. They are in tblAttendance but because Query2 filters by Organization, they do not show in query. Fix data in tblPersonnel
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Lou_Reed is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    [code]
    Boris Karloff and Bela Lugosi do not have data in Organization field in tblPersonnel. They are in tblAttendance but because Query2 filters by Organization, they do not show in query. Fix data in tblPersonnel
    [/[code]

Please elaborate on this.

Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.

June7 is offline VIP
    Elaborate what? Put data in Organization field in tblPersonnel.

As you said, Bela Lugosi and Boris Karloff records are in tblAttendance. However, Query2 excludes them because of filter.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Lou_Reed is offline VIP
    Okay, thanks I will try it.

Thanks for your input.

Respectfully,

Lou Reed

Lou_Reed is offline VIP
    Okay, I have made a composite key and it seems to work. It works in a way that seems to disallow what I want to do (adding the same personnel on the same date), but it will not give an error.

All it does when I select a date that has been previously selected with the same personnel, is it fills up sfrmAttendance the previous (first iteration meeting) information. That is all that it does. By default you cannot
    put more in. There is no error message. It is like that is the meeting info so let it alone.

Is this what is supposed to happen when you create a composite indexed key and try and load the same meetingdate/personnel back into frmAttendance.

I think it is working. It does give not an error. It does just will not allow one to do the same operation again.

Respectfully,

Lou Reed
    Last edited by Lou_Reed; 05-26-2017 at 01:28 PM.

June7 is offline VIP
    If you want to allow personnel to have multiple meetings on the same date, then you need to list multiple meetings for the same date in the combobox. The choices in the combobox list would be like:
    ID Description MtgDateTime
    1 Sales Review 5/23/2017 10:00:00 AM
    2 Budget Review 5/23/2017 2:00:00 PM
    3 Orientation 5/24/2017 8:00:00 AM
    Which means you need those meeting records in tblMeetings. Add a Description field to tblMeetings.

Otherwise, remove the compound index and allow duplicate records in tblAttendance, which makes no sense to me but go ahead and try it and see if you like it.

Also, if you want to save Organization ID into tblPersonnel, then Organization field in tblPersonnel needs to be number Long not text.

Lou_Reed is offline VIP
    I think that it works. It will not allow the same people from a group to be added to the same meeting twice. That is what I want.

So unless I detect something else, I will keep it the way it is.

Respectfully,

Lou Reed

June7 is offline VIP
    Okay, I misread post 35. I thought you were not satisfied with use of the compound index but I see now you were just describing the behavior for confirmation. Yes, that is what the compound index should accomplish.

Glad we got a solution.

Lou_Reed is offline VIP
    In Post #2 you state that the form. frmAttendance, was not loading from tblAttendance, but from Query2. Also, that Query2 had a filter that retrieves only the records that have a meeting data that is selected in the combo box. Is this criterion determined in the Where clause of the query design? In other words that filter limits the records to only that query that had the meeting date selected.

I just need to know this because as of now that form, formAttendance. is loading from tblPersonnel with no criteria to restrict records to a specific meeting data. I need to correct this.

Respectfully,

Lou Reed

Lou_Reed is offline VIP
    I believe that what you meant to say was that sfrmAttendance is loading Query2. That I can see. I need to reword my question. Although Query2 only allows records associated with a certain date to loaded it does
    not load from tblAttendance. Form, tblattendance does not load from Query2 instead it loads from tblAttendance.

My question is in the tblAttendance, the records kept are for all meeting selected not just the meetings that a Branchhead noted each branch member whether they were present or absent. The meetings in which the status is NA, have not happened yet so they need not be listed in the tblAttendance. Their absence indicated that the meeting is yet t happen. N how do I achieve this?

I want in tblAttendnace only the meetings that have occurred in which attendance was recorded. How can I do that?

I already set a composite index to prevent repetitive meeting info on the same date from being in tblAttendance.. That works. I just need to get rid of the meeting that have not occurred yet.

Respectfully,

Lou Reed

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.