Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    davegri is offline Excess Access
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Glad to help. You can adapt this approach to easily manage many-to-many data input and it's user friendly, too!

andy49 is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 64bit
    IGNORE - Solved

Extra question. To allow me to see the paper info - the notes section (eg Edexcel summer Mock P1), could I alter details within the listboxes to show this info and know that the program would still hold onto the underlying slotID and paperID

Ive tried a couple of changes with no luck yet
    Last edited by andy49; 05-25-2017 at 03:36 AM.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    How about a button on the form that would pop up another form showing that? The popup would be filtered by the SlotID_PK.

andy49 is offline VIP
    Could I use a similar method Dave to allow staff to choose if students are foundation or higher.
    Three tables or just maybe start as foundation

Eg on the form frmassigntiers would I need three listboxes (students in first listbox who I can then select into lower and higher)

DBschoolexamPapersvtestv001.zip

Windows 10 Access 2016
    To assign students to Foundation or Higher:

All students must be EITHER Founcation or Higher?
    1. Have combobox to select either Foundation or Higher in dropdown.
    If Foundation selected, all students not in Foundation shown in left listbox and all students in Foundation shown in right textbox.
    If Higher selected, same as above for Higher.
    That would result in very long listboxes with scroll bars.

2. The other option is to have the student name in the combobox and you wouldn't really need listboxes, as the only choices are Foundation and Higher. That could be done with radio buttons in a frame.
    Problem with this is tedious need to select student after student from the combobox.

What are your thoughts? Or maybe I don't get the big picture.

andy49 is offline VIP
    Some staff will have a list of 25-30 higher

Some 25-30 foundation
    Some 25-30 mixture.

They'd want to do per maths group as some staff have 2 groups.

Maybe start with a combo to get their first class?

Windows 10 Access 2016
    I'm not familiar with the operation of the institution. I have no idea of who your users are, and what each needs to do. I'm also unfamiliar with the arcane terminology of the schools system that seems to have seeped into the data names in the tables. It's not at all like American schools. Terms like maths, foundation, higher, paper tier, tier, maths class, and so on are foreign to me.
    This puts me as a loss as to understanding your needs and how to give meaningful advice to inquires like your last post in which the terms staff and groups were first mentioned.

andy49 is offline VIP
    My apologies Dave. I'll try and explain:

I'm a teacher but a manager as well. Most of the work on this database will be about our pupils.

Pupils are in classes of able or less able. And must take a test at the end of each term (3 a year)

More able students sit a higher tier test. Less able foundation.

The users will be teachers. Who must firstly select which level of test the students in their class will take.

That is the form I'm looking at now.

As a teacher of class 10x3 I only have to decide the test level for every child in that class. (About 28 pupils) I have three other classes which I must do as well.

Every child I should add does sit a higher or foundation test.

If you need anything else please let me know. Your help has been priceless.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    So, first off, with teachers as users I assume this will be a client/server setup with the BE on a network server and teachers having individual copies of the FE on their computers? I've not dealt with that situation before.

As a teacher of class 10x3 I only have to decide the test level for every child in that class. (About 28 pupils) I have three other classes which I must do as well.
    It would be simpler if each teacher would only see his/her students. The only field that I see referring to a teacher is in tblStudent. In that table, MathsTeacher is blank for all students. Also, I don't see any form to update tblStudent.
    It would probably be a good idea to have tblTeachers so that a teacher could select their name from a combobox to filter for his/her students.
    Having a table for teachers would allow a teacher to be changed simply by changing the name in the teacher table and all students would automatically be listed for the new teacher.

andy49 is offline VIP
    DBschoolexamPapersvtestv0011Helpdave.zip

It is indeed fe be. I've got experience of that so that's ok.

The teacher field will be filled but it's easier per group as we usually work within our class name

I agree with combobox and my early ideas do involve this.

The frmadmin includes an uploader which is from the schools mainframe database.

A csv is placed on the network updated every 24 hours.
    This includes teacher name and is run by the school so is always up to date with current info

This is the latest (rather pathetic) attempt to develop your idea to allow teachers to choose their groups level.

The updater which removes names from one box whilst "adding them" to another doesn't seem to be working.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.