Lou_Reed is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

A contrarian form

In the attached file is a db, and there is an attendance form, frmAttendance, that I did not write. In the
    from is a drop down list for selecting a meeting date.

I selected a meeting date, (actually I am selecting the MeetingID. It is just in a zero width column. You cannot see it. The Meeting_Date
    is much more user friendly).

Now when I select a meeting date a drop down column opens up allowing the entry of various employee names and whether they were at the meeting or not. It works.

There is a problem, however, the user is only allowed to add one person.

I doubt that any meeting has only one attendee.

Also, this works on select meeting_dates only. The percent sign tells the user how many people attended the meeting. Sometime it ust says : NA.

I am not sure what is going on.

I am not sure how this form is to be used. If someone can help that would be much appreciated.

Respectfully,

Lou Reed
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lou_Reed is offline VIP
    Okay, on this contrarian form there are subforms and I am not sure how they integrate with the form. Does anyone have a reference on working with subforms and similarities and differences with a form?

It would be very helpful if I could get a reference.

Respectfully,

Lou Reed

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	link.png 
Views:	30 
Size:	2.7 KB 
ID:	28717

The relationship between subform and mainform is a parent child relationship. In the example here. My subform will display only records relating to the Order_ID on the main form.

If the ID fields are on both forms. When you drag the subform on the screen it should automatically create that relationship.

Lou_Reed is offline VIP
    Okay, here is my situation. I started building my db on a base db that was not the latest that the other db author had. I hope that that makes sense. Thus the frmAttendance does not work in the db that I chose to start building on. In the db that I started on frmAttendance simply will not work the way that I want it to.

However, in a later version that original posted in early January the frmAttendance does work.

So other that throw away all these hours of building the new db, from the old db, I think it might be more time efficient to get his working form frmAttendance into my db and discard the non-working frmAttendance from my db.

I have exported/imported things like this before in MS Access 2010, but I do no think that I have ever imported a form. There has got to be a way to do this.

All I need is the steps on how to do it.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Respectfully,

Lou Reed

open both and copy/paste will do it. Drag and drop also works. No need to follow an import procedure.

Lou_Reed is offline VIP
    Thanks, I will give it a try. You can copy and paste between two MS Access db's?

Respectfully,

Lou Reed

Lou_Reed is offline VIP
    When you copy and paste a form from one MS Access 2010 db to another MS Access 2010 db, does the VBA code associated with that form being transferred also go with it?

Respectfully,

Lou Reed

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Try it and find out. No big deal if you have to copy/paste the VBA separately.
    Last edited by June7; 05-19-2017 at 04:29 PM.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Lou_Reed is offline VIP
    The only big deal is if I need to paste the code separately how do I get to the page behind the form for the VBA code when there is no VBA yet?

Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Respectfully,

Lou Reed

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Well, I just did a test and the code came with the form. See, simple test and mystery solved.

And a test of copy/paste of a form that has no VBA code shows that the copied form shows in the VBA list anyway.

It's reports that don't automatically show.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.