jtkjames is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2002

Smile Access Pivot Chart - Hiding zeroes in line chart

Hi everyone - I'm new to this forum and am hoping someone can help me with an Access issue that I can't find an answer to. I've spent two days googling various sites to try and find a solution, and I'm starting to think there isn't one... fingers crossed that someone can give me a hint

My Googling has turned up that, In the Excel standard chart wizard, it's quite easy to ignore zeros in data when plotting a line graph. Also I know that when creating an Excel Pivot Chart, you can ignore zeroes by changing them to "#N/A"

The Access standard chart wizard is pants, so I am using the Access Pivot Chart function. Basically over a year, some percent data is not available for a few months. What I want is the line to "stop" at the last point on the chart and not fall down to zero percent.

Since Access tables do not recognise #N/A as a valid number, I am starting to think it's impossible. What I can't believe is that nobody in the world has asked this question before (if someone can point me to another thread with a solution, I will eat my hat!)

Thanks for any help, and hi by the way!

James

Hi,

I don't think it's possible to stop the line and leave a gap where no data are available, but maybe you could use the NZ function to replace the empty values with a calculated average?

greetings
    NG

jtkjames is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2002
    Thanks for the response NG.

Unfortunately from the data perspective an average would be confusing. It's for car prices - over a year. Occasionally a model of car gets replaced by another with a slightly different name. What I am trying to show is the changes per model - some of which stop being produced mid year. The data needs to show that the car price is no longer applicable after a certain month.

Anyway, thank you for your help and adding weight to my belief that this is a feature Access doesn't have.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.