PeakH is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Can't print from Report View, but report wont load before autoprint in Print Preview.

I am just trying to view a report and then print it automatically. Very simple.

I have a button that opens the report and then prints right away. The problem is that in print preview the page looks blank when the print screen comes up, so there's no way to check it the report is correct (user errors are very common and reports need to be double checked before printing). The report prints with all the information though so it is loading, I just want to avoid wasting paper if the data entered is incorrect.

I have tried adding a timer to allow time for the data to come up, but the timer wont fire in print preview, and the automatic print wont work in the report view (the print screen comes up but nothing prints).

I have also tried opening in report view, having a 2 second timer and then opening the report in Preview to print, but the report requires that the user enter a month, so opening it twice then requires the user to enter the month twice, which I would like to avoid.

Users can simply print by right clicking and selecting print from the shortcut menu but this has proven to be a difficult and confusing thing for multiple of the database users and part of my job is making this as user friendly as possible.

Any ideas?

aytee111 is offline Competent At Times
    Windows 10 Access 2013 64bit
    How does the user cancel the printing if the report is not right?

Have a subform which displays all the data after the user has selected the month - the user does not need it formatted to verify it. Then one button to print the report.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    I currently have it set to open the print screen that allows you to select printer and copies, but the report looks blank until that screen is closed either by clicking 'print' or 'cancel'. So right now I just press 'cancel' to double check the data before manually opening the print screen again.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    I liked the idea of a sub form but was worried that those less tech savvy may not want to print if they saw that the formatting was 'wrong'. So instead of using another form to check the data I duplicated the report.
    Now I have the original report that opens in report view, then on the timer event opens the second identical report in print preview as hidden and prints that so it looks like your printing from report view. The second report gets the month from the first report so that is only entered once.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.