matt6ft8 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Access Runtime Web control opens a new window

So I am slowly pulling ActiveX controls from my application as every time a new computer is installed, adobe updates or any of a hundred other things happen the acrobat active x control requires trouble shooting of one type or another. I am switching to using the integrated web control which works great for people with a full seat of access but I have a lot of data entry users that only have access runtime installed not a full seat. With the runtime version instead of showing the link in this case a pdf on a local server it tries to open adobe reader and show the link there this all executes correctly but for the life of me I can not figure out why it is not just showing the linked page in the web control? again it works correctly in a full seat of access. As I understand it the web control is integrated to access so it should not be browser dependent. Current front end they are using was created in access 2010 and is an accdb file. Access runtime 2013 and 2016 all exhibit the same behavior.

HiTechCoach is offline MS MVP - Access Expert
    Windows 10 Access 2013 32bit
    It is my understanding that the Built-In Web Browser Control is a wrapper for IE.

Try changing the setting in IE for the Adobe PDF Reader add-on to open PDFs in the browser.

see: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/usin...n-browser.html

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.