ksor is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 10 Access 2007

Starting getting errors when opening a form in Access 2010 ????

I'm gettin an error when I starts a form - I'm running DANISH version, so the err-message will not mean anything to you I think - but anyway here it is:

Denne fejl forekommer, når en hændelse ikke er blevet kørt, fordi placeringen af hændelsens logik ikke kan evalueres. Hvis egenskaben OnOpen for en formular f.eks. er angivet til =[Felt], forekommer denne fejl, fordi det forventes, at det skal være navnet på en makro eller en hændelse, der skal køres, når hændelsen opstår.

I have located what sub form is causing the problem and I open up this form and JUST looking at teh SQL-code in the datasource - not changing anything at all - then save the form and try run again - now it all works again !!!!!!!!!!!

Even if I shut down the problematic form and starts it again it works !!!

But if I shut down Access and starts again the error is the again !!!!!!

I HAVE done compress and correction of the DB !

What is wrong and how to fix it ?

Bob Fitz is offline Access Developer
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2013
    Your error message (translated by a site found with google) reads:
    This error occurs when an event has not been run because the location of event logic can not be evaluated. If the property OnOpen for a form eg. Is set to = [Field], this error occurs because it is expected that it should be the name of a macro or event to run when the event occurs.
    Have you checked all main form and sub form event properties are set correctly. If they are all correctly set please post a copy of the db for us to look at.
    If this helped, please click the star at the bottom left of this posting and add to my reputation . Many thanks.
    Bob Fitzpatrick

ksor is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Fitz View Post
    Your error message (translated by a site found with google) reads:Have you checked all main form and sub form event properties are set correctly. If they are all correctly set please post a copy of the db for us to look at.
    I tend to say YES to that - but as I wrote it all works again JUST BY VIEWING the SQL-code (SHIFT F2) for the datasource in the problematic subform !

But the RE-start of Access set it all back to this strange error-state again.

The DB is way too big to copy to you.

Bob Fitz is offline Access Developer
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2013
    The DB is way too big to copy to you.
    How about one with just the troublesome forms and a few dummy records that illustrates the problem. Compact and then zip it.
    If this helped, please click the star at the bottom left of this posting and add to my reputation . Many thanks.
    Bob Fitzpatrick

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.