jarecamang is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Bound Form don't print independent calculated values

Hi guys, im new here and my english is not perfect so i'm sorry if i make some mistakes.

I've got an issue, one of my forms have one subform, that subform have another subform, like a subsubform. The fact is that the calculated values (that I show in independent textboxes) just doesn't appear in the print view, but there is something curious, the calculated values in the main form appear perfectly in that view, but the calculated values in the subform and in the subsubform just dont appear, only the stored values. Is there a way to force showing the actual values in screen and not just the stored ones? I believe that calculated values shouldn't be stored in the database. And i cant make it to work using reports, so trying to change it to a report isn't a good idea neither.

I'm open to change things, just dont be rude if i made a terrible mistake or did something wrong.

aytee111 is offline Competent At Times
    Windows 10 Access 2013 64bit
    Forms are not designed to be printed. Not sure why your report doesn't work, reports are much better at displaying data for printing.

You could make a temporary table for your subform and show the values from that.

Missinglinq is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    Richmond (Virginia, not North Yorkshire!)
    Quote Originally Posted by jarecamang View Post

...The fact is that the calculated values (that I show in independent textboxes) just doesn't appear in the print view, but there is something curious, the calculated values in the main form appear perfectly in that view, but the calculated values in the subform and in the subsubform just dont appear...
    Where, exactly, do these calculated Controls appear on the Subform/Subsubform? These are typically presented in Datasheet View, and Controls placed in the Footer or Header of such Forms (as calculated Controls frequently are) don't appear in Form View.

Linq ;0)>
    The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

These calculated values are shown in unbounded textboxes that I edit in the OnCurrent event. I don't show them in datasheet view because they are just like 4 values, and i need users to see them and to print them, with the whole form.

Missinglinq is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    Richmond (Virginia, not North Yorkshire!)
    You still haven't said where these controls are, in the Form. When you look at the Form, in Form Design View, are they in the Detail Section...the Header...the Footer...where?

What view are you using for the Sub and Subsub forms? If you created these using by placing a Subform Control on the Main Form, they are, by default, in Datasheet View.

Linq ;0)>
    The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Oh sorry :P I created the subforms as a Normal Form and then added them to the Parent form using the design/Insert Subform/subReport, but it is a single form subform, not datasheet, the fields are in the detail section. I can actually see the fields in the print view, but it doesn't have the value expected, it is completely blank.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.