Mattenderle is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2010 64bit

Unhappy Display six results per 4 columns

So I'm working on automating a tedious process that uncle sam makes us do while deployed. I have a database where we put in a date for each day we are deployed into a table. For instance I have 4/10/2017 thru 7/11/2017 listed. Each day needs the date and location displayed and I need to put six results stacked vertically then move to the right to do the next six three more times.

I have one report named 2282report which is the master one with four subLocation[1-4]s in the appropriate spot. Originally I had it do TOP 6 then the next one would do TOP 6 but where ID > 6 but then I moved to make the date the ID as the date can't be duplicated anyway. I'm unsure of the proper way to make them linked so that the next subreport will display continue the rest.

The report looks like this when ran. I will also have over 90 days usually to list so I will need to create a second page to the main report.

What I'm thinking I'll have to do is create a new subreport for the entire location block but I don't know how to make the report_details move to a new column once it shows 6 results.

Another option I just thought of is to leave the subreports blank then make the master report set the controlsource for each one via vba. I feel this one may work because then it can check to see if there are more days then there are lines so that it can create a new page to continue. But then I need to figure out how to make it continue to the next page. There will also be a bottom section that will only have 16 days verses the 24 on the top.

Is there a name for doing what I specified in the title?

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    the data Can have multi columns, but it has to flow down the left,then the next col.
    or
    flow across the columns,then next row.

subreports do as you pictured but only flow down.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.