johanwal is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2013 64bit

MS Access

I have an excel workbook with 7 sheets containing a maximum of about 14K records on some sheets. 5 of the sheets gather information and it is then copied to one or the other remaining sheets.

I need to develop an Access database with a frontend on 4 user pc's and 1 admin pc and the backend on a server pc. This database must manage the excel workbook as it's source. Users must have access to the frontend only and be able to add,delete,edit,query or search records and 1 admin user must have full admin rights to the database frontend and backend.

I do not have preference to macros or VBA. I need a user interface that can manage all this as well as a user login with user permissions. I am using MS-Access 2013 64-Bit and MS-Excel 2013 64-Bit on Windows 10 Pro

Can anyone assist me with this project?

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    You should stop working in the Excel and do it all in Access.
    you are making MORE work if you put data in 1 sheet ,the spread it to other sheets,
    then import it to access.

Can you input the data straight into Access?
    youd still be using many front ends and 1 server BE.

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    access cannot edit an excel spreadsheet and anyway excel is a single user application for the purposes of editing data. Further the way you store data in a database is completely different to excel. Unless stored correctly you will have a coding nightmare trying to get it to work.

Hi Yes, I would prefer not to use excel anymore. I would prefer to have the data input directly into Access. However, I do not know how to do this. That's why I am posting here, to hopefully find someione who can quote me to do this project for me.

I am aware of excel's limitations in that regard, The staff has all been working in excel for years but I think Access would be better suited. Can you assist me in creating such a solution?

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    I, as can others here, can help. But you will need to do the work yourself which means learning and understanding database design principles and how access works. We can help when you need an explanation as to how to do something. Here is a link to a recent thread which has lots of useful links to get you started https://www.accessforums.net/showthr...ghlight=design

If you want someone to do it for you, they will need a full brief of the requirement - what your business does, how the db fits into the processes, etc. in order to provide a quote. I develop db's for clients as a living so I'm not the cheapest person around, but if you want a quote, please pm me. I believe there are also people on this forum who will do it for free - but you will still need to know the principles for ongoing maintenance and development as they may not be in a position to provide that service.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.